Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/30/2005 11:38:17 AM EDT
Is anybody going to the Virginia Beach Gun Show this weekend?  I will probably go down tomorrow. I know this is a pretty small show, but I feel strongly about supporting the local shows no matter how bad they are. I usually can find something to buy.

Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:05:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I hear this is the first one where you dont need a purchase permit.  Is that true?  How on earth did they ever come up with something like a buy permit? was that under that woman mayor yall had?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 12:49:43 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't know anything about Virginia Beach purchase permit requirements. I live in Norfolk. However, Norfolk has dropped their purchase permit requirements. I think this may be related to state wide legislation pre-empting the purchase permit requirements from city to city.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 1:16:22 PM EDT
[#3]
The city purchase permit is long gone.   All you have is the standard State check.
I'll be going, if there are any good deals might be tempted.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I think I'll go. I've got nothing else going on. I went by A&P on the Peninsula tonight, and they had one of the Remington 870 P Max models with the ghost ring sights and Surefire 618...but I want to see if I can find a Benelli M1 or Beretta 512 before I buy another pump action.

IIRC, the VB convention center is right off like the Witchduck exit on 264, right?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 3:36:54 PM EDT
[#5]

Originally Posted By Subzero

IIRC, the VB convention center is right off like the Witchduck exit on 264, right?

Nope.  Take 264 till it ends, turn right at the first light on Parks Avenue, then right on 19th St.
The convention center is new, looks nice from the outside, never been in yet.

Have fun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 6:55:58 PM EDT
[#6]
Anybody know what time the gun show starts?
Link Posted: 12/30/2005 9:11:41 PM EDT
[#7]
It starts at 10 and I will be there.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:42:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Anybody know what time the gun show starts?

Virginia Beach, Va. Gun Show
Convention Center
Over 300 tables

At the end of I-264 East

Show Hours:
Saturday 9-5
Sunday 10-4

www.guns-knives.com/VaBeach.html

Looking forward to the after-action reports.

The last Virginia Beach gun show I went to was probably over 20 years ago.  My dad took me, probably because I could not yet drive.  I remember that one dealer had a box of 20 or so S&W Model 10 revolvers (police turn-ins) for $100 each.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 6:22:50 AM EDT
[#9]
I am on my way right now...

Must not buy firearms...

I need ammo...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 7:30:00 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I am on my way right now...

Must not buy firearms...

I need ammo...

Link Posted: 12/31/2005 8:48:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Just got back.  I bought 1000 rounds of 5.56 from Georgia Ammunition. It was $85 per 500.

I didn't see anything else I couldn't live without. There was at least 2 aisles of crap (airsoft, TAPCO stuff, etc).

I wish some decent vendors would start selling at these shows with some high end accessories for the AR and M1A.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 9:05:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Just got back myself.   Not anything that caught my eye.  Seems like there were very few handguns on display.   Still had a good time.
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#13]
The only thing that caught my eye when I bought ammo was the pretty lady that rung me up. Georgia Arms .223.

I wish that they would have more stuff for the AR. I was looking for a GGG sling thing, Harris Bi-pod, some rail covers, good scopes, etc...

They did not have any of that stuff...

Oh well, at least I got some .223...
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 2:33:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Agree with you on the Georgia Arms lady.
Is the hand stamp good for tomorrow too?
Link Posted: 12/31/2005 5:16:03 PM EDT
[#15]
The GA Arms lady was a cutie. Never seen her before.

There was more 5.56 there than I've ever seen at a show before. Adcom SS109 for 4.25 a box, the guy in the back on the right (he's a local fellow too, with all the reloading gear) had a case of Q3131, XM193 by the case and some SS109 green tip. And of course, GA Arms and their Canned Heat.

Saw a couple of faces I recognized, but not a lot of parts I was into. Best stuff I saw:

- A stainless Colt 1911 in 38 Super at the Trader Jerry's table (I think). They were asking $799 IIRC. I know TJ had two new blued Colt NRMs for around 900 each. They have a few Les Baer models as well, but as much as I want a TRS, I don't want to part with $1795.

- Cheap AKs at the Dark Sun table, including a couple of nice looking underfolders for less than 500. My New Year's resolution is no new calibers though.

Disturbing: the really big guy walking around in the WHITE PRIDE shirt with the SAA on his hip.

I ran into Ross after a few minutes and he had what I thought was a very good idea: why don't a few of us locals get a table at an upcoming show and bring in the stuff we're looking to clear out? Spring is coming up and I figure we're all looking to make  little room in the safe, right? Instead of a swap meet, why not get a table where we can also help support a local show.
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:31:08 AM EDT
[#16]
I probably won't make it because the Mother Out Law and I are going to Sneaky Pete's to watch the Steelers game. I could use some more GA 5.56 but I'll have to wait until the next show.

Quoted:
I ran into Ross after a few minutes and he had what I thought was a very good idea: why don't a few of us locals get a table at an upcoming show and bring in the stuff we're looking to clear out? Spring is coming up and I figure we're all looking to make  little room in the safe, right? Instead of a swap meet, why not get a table where we can also help support a local show.

I think that's a great idea and you can count me in!
Link Posted: 1/1/2006 5:30:23 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
The only thing that caught my eye when I bought ammo was the pretty lady that rung me up. Georgia Arms .223.

Me too... She was a cutie. I bought some GA .223 regular stuff and a 50 round box of their Precision Plus 55gr and a box of the PP 60 gr. I found the 60 gr. box was missing one round when I got home. I learned that you should look at the bottom of the box to make sure they are all there.

Today I went to the range and bench rested my AR to test some different ammo.  The XM855 was all over the place at 100 meters, the GA 55gr regular stuff was much more accurate. At 200 yards, the GA PP 55gr stuff performed the best with the tightest groups. 16" barrel, 1:9 twist.

I went to the show Sat. just before noon and was surprised at how many people were there. My older sister joined the NRA there and bought some pocket knives.  I took her to the range a few weeks ago and now she's hooked on guns. She's collect knives for a long time and had a good time at the show. She was looking real hard at the lever action rifles.

Regards,

ZD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top