Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 6:25:23 AM EDT
My girlfriend is getting the runaround at work.  The company just went through it's 5th or so "reorganization" and she brought up the fact that her job description was not in the re-org.  This was met with stammering and 'oooh yeah we knew you were going to notice that.'  No other real explanation than "we've got stuff planned for you" but nothing in writing.  Now she just found basically her job description in a new listing on Monster as of today.

Needless to say, she's worried.

The President & her manager are pretty much in bed with each other.  To give you an idea, they just bought new cars for themselves on the company's dime because they use them for lots of travel.  (Note: Said travel involves driving to the airport and renting a car at their destination, they don't really drive anywhere)  They are the kings at sidestepping questions and unfortunately my GF isn't very good at keeping up after them to get anything in writing.  She gets too worn out arguing about it, plus has had a bad experience with a hostile work environment years ago where she complained along with 4 others and ended up getting let go over it.

So, I'm trying to help where I can.  She has a Masters in Public Administration, has a wide background in children's education, some family couceling assistance, research, etc...  I'm not 100% on all the stuff she knows.

If anyone knows someone that might help, please email/IM or post.  She has a headhunter or two she works with already but maybe someone knows that a company or government organization is going to be hiring and can refer her resume if she likes the position I would greatly appreciate it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:12:18 AM EDT
[#1]
What area are you located in?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:32:35 AM EDT
[#2]
We live in Stafford just off Rt 610.

But she doesn't mind commuting and currently works in Arlington.  She's looked at everything from NoVA down to Richmond.  I asked her what she's looking for and I got "positions in non-profit human services organizations, management level."  She's also considering marketing and human resources.  But I think the non-profit is a little engrained in her since that's all she's worked for the most part, if it were a public/private for profit company I'm sure she would be all over it.

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 10:36:42 AM EDT
[#3]
The company I work for is looking for a HR director. The one we have now is leaving to work for CACI so we need a good one. Let me know if you want further details. The company is in downtown Fredericksburg, VA.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 11:18:11 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The one we have now is leaving to work for CACI so we need a good one. Let me know if you want further details. .

Colonels and Captains?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 12:23:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Huh?? No Quarles Petroleum, Inc.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:36:26 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Huh?? No Quarles Petroleum, Inc.

Comment was reflecting CACI, but I was wondering where you worked if you were losing somebody to CACI.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 2:19:50 PM EDT
[#7]
No CACI is a big contractor outfit up north.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:00:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
No CACI is a big contractor outfit up north.

I know.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:10:01 AM EDT
[#9]
Check out  the following link for gov't jobs:

www.usajobs.com
Here's another link for job in US Dept of Education:

www.ed.gov/about/jobs/open/edhires/index.html
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:44:38 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The company I work for is looking for a HR director. The one we have now is leaving to work for CACI so we need a good one. Let me know if you want further details. The company is in downtown Fredericksburg, VA.

Email & IM sent, she wants to apply, I just need to know who to send it to.  (to the company or to you if you can refer her)

Thanks!

BMW - She's all over those sites.  I hound her each weekend about the Sunday Times and doing her searches.  But thanks very much for the input.
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#11]
if she doesn't get anything lined up quickly tell her to just start substitute teaching.  the money isn't super good but its better than working a register at safeway.  and she can work for as many school districts as she can handle at a time--work a staffod school on monday and a fairfax school on tuesday etc.  and generally speaking the only reqs are that she have 3 years of college under her belt but it sounds like she has that and then some.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top