Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2005 4:35:59 PM EDT
It was a great match today.    It was really fun and I do plan on shooting there somemore, now I just need to get a rear sight on my own Benelli M1 and build myself a dedicated 3 gun upper (I used a friends rifle and shotgun)    

Here's a few pics of me shooting it.

Link Posted: 12/18/2005 6:04:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Thanks for everything you guys! (you know who you are). The stage descriptions and scores are posted on this link: (scroll to bottom for score & pictures)

http://shootersparadise.com/forums/showthread.php?t=792

or-  just go to www.shootersparadise.com then, forum, then 3gun and finally December 3gun at St. Charles.

This shoot is one hell of a good time. If you own a shotgun, rifle & a handgun, seriously consider shooting one of the upcoming shoots in Waldorf, MD (about 45 min from D.C. beltway).

CBR

by the way, GotM4 - I noticed in the 1st picture of you, that there are not one, but TWO shell casings in the air at once - AND your gun is perfectly leveled on a 3rd target! That is a fine illustration of control & speed. How to?
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 12:48:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Excellent photos!

I am working on your special rounds for the 9mm, had some rolled out yesterday after returning home.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 5:57:45 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

by the way, GotM4 - I noticed in the 1st picture of you, that there are not one, but TWO shell casings in the air at once - AND your gun is perfectly leveled on a 3rd target! That is a fine illustration of control & speed. How to?

Thanks.
Yeah I shot the pistol very well yesterday, the shotgun pretty good and the rifle like ass.  On the 'Dingaling' stage I used my M4 with an Eotech and couldn't see the red poppers for anything.  On the big stage I used Bretts 3 gun AR and did okay but I wasn't used to the really short eye relief.

I'm going to build a dedicated 3 gun upper.........think Noveske 18" SPR bbl, JP tube, B. Cooley comp, Larue scope mount with a Leupold.
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 9:10:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I think that is going to be a very cool AR-15 rifle when its done. Your wrote:

"I'm going to build a dedicated 3 gun upper.........
think Noveske 18" SPR bbl,

-the polygonal rifling one? It should last forever & clean up in 1/2 the time.

" JP tube,"

That sucker is as big around as M-4 handgaurds; what is that, 2", 3"? Damn sewer pipe, yet its light and stays cool on the long stages.

"B. Cooley comp,"

Thing sure seems to shoot fast & very very flat (same thing) and its 1/2 as loud as my Bushmaster  mini-Y comp.

" Larue scope mount with a Leupold."

-is that the 1.5 to 3x?? How much do those sell for these days? I must have seen 1/2 dozen of them at yesterday's shoot. Thanks again for the pictures & the shirt.  CBR
Link Posted: 12/19/2005 10:36:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I think that is going to be a very cool AR-15 rifle when its done. Your wrote:

"I'm going to build a dedicated 3 gun upper.........
think Noveske 18" SPR bbl,

-the polygonal rifling one? It should last forever & clean up in 1/2 the time.

" JP tube,"

That sucker is as big around as M-4 handgaurds; what is that, 2", 3"? Damn sewer pipe, yet its light and stays cool on the long stages.

"B. Cooley comp,"

Thing sure seems to shoot fast & very very flat (same thing) and its 1/2 as loud as my Bushmaster  mini-Y comp.

" Larue scope mount with a Leupold."

-is that the 1.5 to 3x?? How much do those sell for these days? I must have seen 1/2 dozen of them at yesterday's shoot. Thanks again for the pictures & the shirt.  CBR

I just ordered the 18" Noveske SPR barrel (yep polygonal w/midlength gas port) with a Larue gas block and a CMT bolt already headspaced for it.  I'm going to use my Larue 12.0 FF handguard (since I have one collecting dust) I also orded a JP carrier and a Cooley comp and a Larue scope mount.  

I'll order the Leupold Vari-X III 1.5-5 20mm illuminated scope when I get to work tomorrow.

Here's another pic with two pieces of brass in the air actually closer together than the other pic.

Link Posted: 12/20/2005 8:44:25 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted: On the big stage I used Bretts 3 gun AR and did okay but I wasn't used to the really short eye relief.

What's wrong with Brett's tiger stripe that you couldn't use it??
Link Posted: 12/20/2005 9:26:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Sad one has to do that to keep up with the saiga. I said why beet them when I can join them. Going for the saiga myself now.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 1:55:34 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted: On the big stage I used Bretts 3 gun AR and did okay but I wasn't used to the really short eye relief.

What's wrong with Brett's tiger stripe that you couldn't use it??

I used it but I think the scopes to low for me as well as the A2 stock being too long.  It worked but it just didn't come to my eye naturally.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:36:20 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:  I used it but I think the scopes to low for me as well as the A2 stock being too long.  It worked but it just didn't come to my eye naturally.

Both could easily be fixed.  Did Brett have any complains?
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 7:46:03 AM EDT
[#10]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top