Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/14/2005 3:14:35 PM EDT
Worse type of winter weather.  Just got back from the store.  Junk food, soda, a few DVD's and alcohol.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 3:42:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Ready for the phone to ring tonight. Got my plows and spreaders ready to go.

Link Posted: 12/14/2005 4:36:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Great.

I almost got killed twice today driving to and from Alexandria without weather problems. Can't wait for tomorrow.
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 6:31:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Ice sucks, please snow intead!  

Then again, if we do have an ice storm then there is a good possibility of a power outage.  Time to try out my generator for real.  
Link Posted: 12/14/2005 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Great.

I almost got killed twice today driving to and from Alexandria without weather problems. Can't wait for tomorrow.

Ah, the joys of driving in NoVA.  I feel your pain.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:03:59 AM EDT
[#5]
On standby for De-icing
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:04:38 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

+1, except I go between Sterling & Chantilly.  I think I'm going home around 2:00, before the changeover to freezing rain hits us.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:32:04 AM EDT
[#7]
have they reported a projected duration? I get emergency/wx alerts in my email and it gave the standard wakefield report.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 6:50:40 AM EDT
[#8]
no li'l ice storm in fairfax, started heavy snow here just a minute ago after a couple weak hours of flakes......  so much for weather predictions.  I thought this was supposed to be nothing?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:20:50 AM EDT
[#9]
Reporting from Richmond/centralVA:

Light flurries between western Hanover (home) and northside Richmond (work) between 0600-0630.

Some heavier snow for a short while at work around 1000.

Then rapidly decreased and changed to light drizzle w/out freezing (whew!), which has been steady up to present time. Wife reports same from back home. Roads are fine (although midday news indicates numerous area collisions regradless....)

Am hoping for no more frozen precip before the evening commute.

Tomorrow 'sposed to warm-up a little. Afternoon range trip?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:29:08 AM EDT
[#10]
yeahnow its just crappy with a forecast of crappier...
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Reporting from Richmond/centralVA:

Light flurries between western Hanover (home) and northside Richmond (work) between 0600-0630.

Some heavier snow for a short while at work around 1000.

Then rapidly decreased and changed to light drizzle w/out freezing (whew!), which has been steady up to present time. Wife reports same from back home. Roads are fine (although midday news indicates numerous area collisions regradless....)

Am hoping for no more frozen precip before the evening commute.

Tomorrow 'sposed to warm-up a little. Afternoon range trip?

Same here(Live in Midlothian, work in Richmond)
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:14:47 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
+1, except I go between Sterling & Chantilly.  I think I'm going home around 2:00, before the changeover to freezing rain hits us.

Richmond to Alexandria for me.

I just called off for the day and stayed home. Better safe than sorry.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 12:23:11 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Been working round the clock myself on these things.

It's nasty here right now, headed back for more at 7:00 pm. have to work till 8:00 am in the morning.

Danny
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:34:47 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's nasty here right now, headed back for more at 7:00 pm. have to work till 8:00 am in the morning.

Danny

That sucks..........
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 1:52:04 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

That sucks..........

Along with woLF huh?

Danny
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 3:30:08 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Danny

That sucks..........

Along with woLF huh?

Danny

Just got back in from walking the dogs.  Slicker than a peeled onion out there.  Hope everyone stays safe.
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:13:26 PM EDT
[#17]
People in the Alexandria and Fredericksburg area, how's it look there, and how is it supposed to be in the morning?
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 4:31:11 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
People in the Alexandria and Fredericksburg area, how's it look there, and how is it supposed to be in the morning?

well high is supposed to be 48 tomorrow...not sure about early morning.

i'll just put it in 4-wheel drive if i have to, to make it to the range...haha
Link Posted: 12/15/2005 5:02:04 PM EDT
[#19]
I get to do NWDC to NOVA at 1130pm wee!
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 1:47:47 AM EDT
[#20]
Went out to start the car and busted my ass this AM.  I salted my walk too.  

Im looking forward to my drive to work.  And it should get even better when I get there
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 2:56:50 AM EDT
[#21]
Rained like a mofo in and around Richmond last night, but I was glad for it being rain.

My utmost comiserations to those less fortunate. My prized 30-yr-old azaleas already got beat-up twice this season, first from wet heavy snow followed a couple days later by freezing rain. Even after last night's (liquid) rain, there's still some of the vile frozen stuff lying around in places. I never even got a chance to get all the leaves raked up first, which are now plastered down like concrete.

Hope it's getting it all out of the system now, and we'll have a mild Jan-Mar.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 3:57:53 AM EDT
[#22]
the roads are unbelievably treacherous this am!!! much MUCH worse than they were last fri when opm delayed work til 1000. fucking asshole brain dead morons...

i was in 4wd and a couple times completely lost traction (means ALL FOUR WHEELS were on ice!!!). saw numerous fishtails and spinouts. even 95 had ice on it! our parking lot was a fucking ice skating rink...i feel like such a puss when i have to take those little baby steps to keep from falling on my ass...
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 4:01:37 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
the roads are unbelievably treacherous this am!!! much MUCH worse than they were last fri when opm delayed work til 1000.

I hear ya!  I never had to do the 4wd thing and didn't lose traction (love them big WIDE tires).  Got passed by plenty of folks, and saw them later in the ditches on the sides of the road.  The temps must have dropped just enough right before dawn to freeze everything up.  Happy morning commute!

Hopefully now that the sun's up things will improve.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 5:29:26 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
no li'l ice storm in fairfax, started heavy snow here just a minute ago after a couple weak hours of flakes......  so much for weather predictions.  I thought this was supposed to be nothing?

A weatherman has job security. It doesn't matter if they are right or wrong, they will keep their job.
Link Posted: 12/16/2005 6:05:33 PM EDT
[#25]
Ice Storm? Key party!

;)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top