Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/7/2005 4:04:20 AM EDT
Can anyone recommend a good fee-based financial advisor in NOVA?

Thanks,

Steve
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:34:15 AM EDT
[#1]
ricedelman.com? (Ric Edelman, has(had?) a financial talk show on WMAL on Saturday mornings)
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:46:43 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ricedelman.com? (Ric Edelman, has(had?) a financial talk show on WMAL on Saturday mornings)

+1 The wife and I are planning on seeing him soon as well.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 3:50:32 PM EDT
[#3]
What are you actually looking for?  That is what I do for a living...I am part of a 8 person team for Smith Barney in McLean.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:36:26 PM EDT
[#4]
If you're eligible, www.firstcommand.com which used to be USPA & IRA.  It's what my wife and I use and it's FREE,NINETY FREE!  
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 8:22:41 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
If you're eligible, www.firstcommand.com which used to be USPA & IRA.  It's what my wife and I use and it's FREE,NINETY FREE!  

I use First Command also, but not everyone is accepted as a client.  Focus is on Staff NCO's (E-6 and up) and officers and thier family members.  If you are a civilian, sorry.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 4:35:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks everyone.

Nstg8tr-- What I'm considering is going from .gov to self-employed.  I need to know how much I need to increse my income to maintain my standard of living without someone contributing to my retirement, insurance,etc.  How do I keep from being destroyed by self-employment taxes, since I now have to pay both.  Where do I find medical and life insurance for good rates, etc.  At this point I am just exploring my options, and I am probably more comfortable taking advice from someone who is fee based.

Steve
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 5:56:40 AM EDT
[#7]
tough questions...we are not focused on those aspects...but a good CPA is going to also be needed by you.
Link Posted: 10/9/2005 9:01:20 AM EDT
[#8]
Nsg8tr-- Thanks for the advice.  I guess I'll have to look for something that combines financial advice and CPA's, etc.

Steve
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 5:40:06 AM EDT
[#9]
Never take advice from someone who free-bases.
sorry, I had to, please return to your conversation now.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top