Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 6:11:20 AM EDT
Looking over my new Senators' web pages its clear that while Sen Allen can eat at my table any day, I don't think I'd let Warner in my door.  Why is he a Senator here?

got this from fox:
In Virginia, four-term Republican Sen. John Warner was also safe for another six years in Washington. Ranking member of the Armed Services Committee, Warner was only nominally challenged by independent candidates Jacob Hornberger and Nancy Spannaus.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:01:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Because he brings home the bacon in terms of armed forces expenditures in the state. That makes the .mil and government employees and .gov contractors in Tidewater and NoVA happy. He also has worked hard to portray that folksy " Virginia values" image that sells well to both rural social conservatives and old line Dixiecrat/social values type older Democrats that are sprinkled throughout the central south and the valley. That's his base so far as I can tell.
Personally I can't stand about 1/2 of his platform.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:24:27 PM EDT
[#2]
I have hated him from the minute he shot down Olie Norths bid for DC back in 94.  He does bring home the bacon but he sits on the fence to much for my blood.  I dont hate him or anything but i do think we could do better if we had better leadership.  I think our nation as a whole is hurting in the leadership department.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:51:29 PM EDT
[#3]
Well, he was a co-sponsor of the last Assault Weapon Ban renewal if that says anything.  It says a lot to me.  Unfortunately, until he retires I don't think we'll get anyone better to vote for.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 5:08:08 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, he was a co-sponsor of the last Assault Weapon Ban renewal if that says anything.  It says a lot to me.  Unfortunately, until he retires I don't think we'll get anyone better to vote for.

excuse you, I will not be voting for him.  I voted conservative party before, I'll do it again.  Warner's a duchebag the more i look into him.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:34:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 7:06:49 PM EDT
[#6]
We need to vote the bum out next time.

I will not forget his poor RBKA record. The response I received from him to my RBKA messages was lacking.

Oh, and how many times do you need to see the picture of him with Diane Fienstien?

His tenure (yes lets talk about term limits again please - different thread probably) it what allows him to sit on the powerful committee and bring the bacon home.

He is not a freind of RBKA IMO.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 2:30:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

excuse you, I will not be voting for him.  I voted conservative party before, I'll do it again.  Warner's a duchebag the more i look into him.

Warner announced long ago that this is his last term.  Not surprisingly, this announcement coincides with his political re-alignment with the likes of Kennedy, Klinton, Kerry, and their ilk...

I think his seat opens up with the 2007 elections - someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Can't be too soon...

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 3:01:05 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Warner announced long ago that this is his last term.  Not surprisingly, this announcement coincides with his political re-alignment with the likes of Kennedy, Klinton, Kerry, and their ilk...

I think his seat opens up with the 2007 elections - someone correct me if I'm wrong.  Can't be too soon...

great!  Can Sandra Froman run here?
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:11:40 AM EDT
[#9]
The last time around I voted for the Libertarian, before that I supported Miller during the primary but when John won the primary Mark Warner ran against him, it was a close race and so I held my nose and voted for John.  The last time my dad met him he flat out lied to his face when Warner said that he supported the 2nd 100%.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 9:05:34 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Warner hasn't announced anything.  Those of us active in RPV have quietly leaked that he won't be running for re-election.  

Warner's term is up in 2008.  Allen's up for re-election next year.  Gov Mark Warner has announced he's not going to run for Senator in 2006, so now the Dems are scrambling for a viable candidate.

Link Posted: 9/28/2005 12:07:00 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Warner hasn't announced anything.  Those of us active in RPV have quietly leaked that he won't be running for re-election.  

Warner's term is up in 2008.  Allen's up for re-election next year.  Gov Mark Warner has announced he's not going to run for Senator in 2006, so now the Dems are scrambling for a viable candidate

Isn't that John Warner?  
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 5:06:02 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Warner's term is up in 2008.  Allen's up for re-election next year.  Gov Mark Warner has announced he's not going to run for Senator in 2006, so now the Dems are scrambling for a viable candidate.

I heard somewhere that that dope Ben Affleck wants to move here and run for office.  Boy, I can only hope the Dims are dumb enough to run him!
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:35:06 AM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top