Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 5:52:23 PM EDT
All-

I've got a lot of assorted gun-related junk sitting around that I want to sell.  I'm sure that at the prices I want to get rid of them they'd fly at a gunshow, and I don't want to go to the hassle of posting them all on the EE and mailing them out. (e.g. about 1500 rounds of NORINCO FMJ 9X18 Makarov ammo.  I can't for the life of me think of how to get rid of it on the EE at anything more than a firesale price).  

So, I'm wondering, if I'm a private individual can I buy a table at a gunshow and hawk my stuff?  I mean I don't have an FFL or a business license or anything like that.   Are there liability type laws I need to comply with, especially since I'll hopefully be selling the ammo)

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 5:57:07 PM EDT
[#1]
i think its kinda like a yard sale you dont need a business license but you have to pay for the table at a show. as long as your not selling guns or anything you need a ffl for you should be fine. but just for shits and giggles send me a list of what you got i may be interested in some of it, or know some one that might.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:20:13 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
i think its kinda like a yard sale you dont need a business license but you have to pay for the table at a show. as long as your not selling guns or anything you need a ffl for you should be fine. but just for shits and giggles send me a list of what you got i may be interested in some of it, or know some one that might.

couldn't you sell your personal guns at a table as long as they could prove they were VA residents?

could I get the list too?
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:31:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 6:44:03 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Yes, you can get a table at a gunshow. I checked one time for the Showplace Show in Richmone. IIRC, the price was $50 per table for the weekend. Just find out who the promoter is for the show you want to sell the stuff at, and give them a call.

www.cegunshows.com/

Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:05:56 PM EDT
[#5]
i would think that you "could" sell your own gun but i will bet that the promoter would have ristrictions on who could sell guns and who couldnt ie ffl holders. now if he was walking around with a for sale tag on it its a different story. but if you rent a table you have to abide by there rules. make since? i think i even confused myself on this one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:29:51 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
i would think that you "could" see your own gun but i will bet that the promoter would have ristrictions on who could sell guns and who couldnt ie ffl holders. now if he was walking around with a for sale tag on it its a different story. but if you rent a table you have to abide by there rules. make since? i think i even confused myself on this one.

it does seem confusing.

the restrictions would be in writing I guess . but it's something I never really thought about til this thread.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 7:45:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:44:09 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Yes, you can get a table at a gunshow. I checked one time for the Showplace Show in Richmone. IIRC, the price was $50 per table for the weekend. Just find out who the promoter is for the show you want to sell the stuff at, and give them a call.

www.cegunshows.com/

Yes, they do the Richmond show at the Showplace.

King_of_All_Tyrants never posted which gunshow he wanted to sell his stuff at.

Yeah, that was my recommendation, since I actually go to those shows!

Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:49:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:57:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks all for the suggestions!  I would intend to set up my table at either the Chantilly or Richmond gunshows (assuming the police aren't around the Richmond show.........)

A list of things for sale will be up in a few days, and I'll send it around.  Anyone else who wants a list please email me.  
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:27:47 PM EDT
[#11]
I have long thought it would be a good idea to set up a regional AR15.com swap meet.  I have alot of stuff that I would pretty much give away.  I have holsters, belts, ammo cans, slings, a spotting scope, AK/AR accesories/spare parts galore, 20 gauge ammo, 12gauge ammo, a few inexpensive 22 rifles, rifle scopes, handgun grips, scope mounts and other crap that I have not used in years.  It is not worth the hassle of listing, selling and shipping.

For such a swap meet to work, two things are needed.
1. A place to do it.
2. Other like minded people to set up tables with their crap.

The goal of course is to give your crap a good home and to take some other people's crap home that you can actually use.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:56:59 PM EDT
[#12]
email sent, please include me in the list,

thanks
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#13]
I'm up for a swap meet type thing.  We could hold it from 10-2 or so in conjunction with a barbeque or mini-shoot out.  

Quoted:
I have long thought it would be a good idea to set up a regional AR15.com swap meet.  I have alot of stuff that I would pretty much give away.  I have holsters, belts, ammo cans, slings, a spotting scope, AK/AR accesories/spare parts galore, 20 gauge ammo, 12gauge ammo, a few inexpensive 22 rifles, rifle scopes, handgun grips, scope mounts and other crap that I have not used in years.  It is not worth the hassle of listing, selling and shipping.

For such a swap meet to work, two things are needed.
1. A place to do it.
2. Other like minded people to set up tables with their crap.

The goal of course is to give your crap a good home and to take some other people's crap home that you can actually use.

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 6:46:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top