Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2005 5:25:03 PM EDT
I've had one on my "want list" (which is more like an "under consideration" list) for quite a wihle. One thing that helps determine if I would get one is a place to shoot it. Currently, I'm living near Fairfax.

Also, I'd like to try one out if anyone can help me out there

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:11:14 PM EDT
[#1]
The only place in NoVA that I think would accomodate that is the range @ Quantico. You have to be a member of the shooting club.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:25:36 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
The only place in NoVA that I think would accomodate that is the range @ Quantico. You have to be a member of the shooting club.

Yes and no.  50 cal is not allowed at the range during 'normal' hours.  Only so often, range 4 is opened up for 50 cal's.  

My answer is 3 hours south @ Hite Hollow, or someone with private property closer.  
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 6:46:25 PM EDT
[#3]
We're selling our condo in Ashburn very shortly, and getting a sizeable chunk of equity out of the deal.
Most, of course, will be going towards buying furniture (going from a condo to a house, we don't have
jack for furniture to set things up right), but it's already been discussed that a portion of the $$ will
be going towards a nice safe. Also there's probably a .50 in my future to help fill the safe as well!

I'll be living in Shepherdstown, but we have a farm in Bedford County, PA, which is abt 2 1/2 hrs north
of here. Plenty of space to shoot, neighbors that mind their own business (except the one who might
want to come over and try it out ), etc....

Lots of groundhogs in the fields to make little clouds of pink mist during the target practice!
We'll have to see about setting something up this coming spring.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 4:40:55 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I've had one on my "want list" (which is more like an "under consideration" list) for quite a wihle. One thing that helps determine if I would get one is a place to shoot it. Currently, I'm living near Fairfax.

Also, I'd like to try one out if anyone can help me out there

-Foxxz

There was a similar post about shooting Fifty Cal's in the VA Hometown Forum about 6 weeks ago.  Did anyone happen to save the link for that?
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:20:27 AM EDT
[#5]
Hite Hollow or if you can get in Quantico are probably your best bets.  I know the IWLA in Centreville does not allow .50 because the overhangs that guard against people shooting over the berm are not rated to stop .50 cal.  
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 1:39:31 PM EDT
[#6]
Not having a place to shoot a .50 is the only thing keeping me from getting a Barrett.
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 2:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Not having a place to shoot a .50 is the only thing keeping me from getting a Barrett.

Bingo

-Foxxz
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 5:47:23 PM EDT
[#8]
www.rrpc.org
no restrictions,
need to be a member,
only a 300 yrd range,

2 barretts and a M2 are there on occasion,,,
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:45:09 AM EDT
[#9]
OK, I found the old thread for you:  Click Here.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 4:36:23 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks

-Foxxz
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top