Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 4:45:22 PM EDT
Winchester Va...Looking at an ad in the "Valley Trader". Anyone ever been? Worth the 1+ hour drive from Staunton? It says the valley's AR headquarters...does that mean anything???
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:52:33 PM EDT
[#1]
It's not a huge shop..  Maybe 20'X35'?  The owner has always been nice to me.  His price on stripped lowers is ok.  His price on small parts is high, but he does have a store front to pay for vs the internet parts brokers.

Unless he has been doing a bunch of reading, he is semi-AR clueless.  I asked some simple questions when I was doing my first build and he looked at me like I was speaking Greek.  He had no clue as to RRA's 9mm parts line either.  So, in my opinion, an AR headquarters no, he does have lots of small parts though.  Oh, almost forgot,  he does have some nifty Class 3 stuff on the wall and didn't mind me fingering all of it.....

I know theBomber has an opinion, I don't know if he will bring it to this thread though..
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 5:50:38 PM EDT
[#2]
Its worth a visit just because of the name of the store.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 6:13:29 PM EDT
[#3]
thebomber has an opinion as do I,
.............I like his dog "Kitty"

ETA: I wouldnt call him "Clueless", just not up to your average ARFCOMers knowledge level on the AR systems. Also I belive some of his "Cluelessness" is due to having a sales agenda...
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 12:31:06 AM EDT
[#4]
Nice people but overpriced on most items, the Trading Post on 211 Between Warrenton and Lurray has more of a selection of AR15 rifles.

Bill does have stripped lowers for around 159.00 at Stonewall Arms.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:03:34 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

ETA: I wouldnt call him "Clueless", just not up to your average ARFCOMers knowledge level on the AR systems. Also I belive some of his "Cluelessness" is due to having a sales agenda...

I kinda guessed that, I was clear that since he didn't have what I was looking for, I was going to buy it else where.  While I had just purchased a "few" lowers, I did expect some type of cross customer service.  That said, he did play the "...don't know..." card.  I tried to offer up that I was interested in shopping again in the future and was  just looking for some simple information.  This was about a week before I found ARF.

That said, he has never minded me window shopping..  
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:45:58 AM EDT
[#6]
It's not a large shop but Bill and the guys that work there on the weekend are nice. I have bought from him a few times. I thought he had good price on his RRA stuff. Is it worth the 1+ hour dirve I'm not sure about that.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 10:36:20 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Nice people but overpriced on most items, the Trading Post on 211 Between Warrenton and Lurray has more of a selection of AR15 rifles.

How far from Warenton is the Trading Post?  Seeing as how I am going to be working in and probably living near there for the next two years.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 3:25:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How far from Warenton is the Trading Post?  Seeing as how I am going to be working in and probably living near there for the next two years.

25 miles give or take a few, will get the contact information for you this weekend.
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 5:31:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for the info guys...I'm going to try to head up Saturday.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 4:22:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

25 miles give or take a few, will get the contact information for you this weekend.

Rgr, tks....15 and a wake up!
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 1:38:22 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Rgr, tks....15 and a wake up!

No problem short timer

Also do not buy a complete rifle since we could build what you and the wife want.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 3:59:50 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Does the trading post sell parts too or is it just complete rifles?  I'm going to be in the Warrenton area in a couple weeks on business and might swing in there.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 3:12:18 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Does the trading post sell parts too or is it just complete rifles?  I'm going to be in the Warrenton area in a couple weeks on business and might swing in there.

Good question with no good answer, I did find out that the card I had for the shop is not in the index file.

Have to get a valley Trader and post the information from that.
Link Posted: 9/25/2005 4:07:31 PM EDT
[#14]
Here is the information on Trading Post Guns

Telephone: 540-675-1953

12767 Lee Highway

Washington, Virginia 22747

Ken Carter is the owner and a good guy
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 7:23:27 AM EDT
[#15]
L-R-T, Thanks for the info, when I stop in I'll let him know he is highly recommended.

Six and a wake up!!!  WOOHOO!
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 3:38:40 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
L-R-T, Thanks for the info, when I stop in I'll let him know he is highly recommended.

Six and a wake up!!!  WOOHOO!

Short Timer!

Have your calender filled in?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top