Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 6:24:55 AM EDT
I just noticed that All American Guns in FFX appears to have folded up shop within the last couple weeks.  Not that it is a particularly huge loss, but it is one less gun shop in NoVa.

Anyone ever do any business with them?  My only dealings with them were back when it was A&A guns and they had lots of Bushmasters in stock in 93-94.

Shooter
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:56:55 AM EDT
[#1]
Is that the one out on Lee Highway next to some restaurant?  I bought ammo from them once, it's actually the only time I've ever bought anything from a gun store in this area.  It's such a pain to get anywhere from Arlington that I normally buy stuff online.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:06:52 AM EDT
[#2]

Anyone ever do any business with them?

You didnt miss anything with them.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]
There was something on here awhile back where the building came under new ownership and jacked their rent way up and they said screw it and closed shop.  I can't confirm or deny it but that is what I saw written here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:05:31 AM EDT
[#4]
What happened was the resturant next to them owned the building, and they got a new insurance carrier, but the carrier would not insure the gunstore, so they had to close the gunstore down.

I bought a few small items from from them.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:37 AM EDT
[#5]
As much as I didn't care for the place as a gun store (having not spent money there in a decade) it is too bad whenever we lose a gun store.  With other area stores in trouble (Potomac Arms may be "eminent domained" and Clark Brothers is apparently surrounded by people who want to shut them down) every loss is really felt.  At least we have a handful of good shops in the area still.

Too bad for All American, they had recently painted and were making attempts at cleaning it up, though it was still small and smelly.

shooter
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:41:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Those guys were very un-professional  is the few times I've visited their shop ... still, I agree that it sucks to have one less gun shop around.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 1:41:33 PM EDT
[#7]
That shop was owned by Darren Guthrie.  He was pretty professional for a gunstore worker and extremely knowlegeable.  I used to be a regular there before I met my NFA dealer.  His prices were decent for store prices but he just couldnt compete with internet prices.  He used to have a guy named Randy run it.  Randy was out there.  There was some bad blood at some point afterwhich Randy wasnt around anymore.  Darren was very unhappy with the area in general.  I hadnt been there in a little over a year but back then he was talking about selling out and moving down to the colonial beach area or possibly NC.  The insurance carrier might have been the straw that broke the camels back and he closed his doors.  Its a real shame since he carried evil black rifles and thier accessories plus he knew enough to steer you away from the gimicky shit.  

Randy was part owner along with Bobby in annandale small arms range.   If anyone still remembers that place.  I heard they closed down due to the restraunt that was upstairs.

Its a shame that the area is so intolerant of our kind.  I'll know when its time to get the hell out of dodge when manassas gets the same way.  
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 2:42:22 PM EDT
[#8]
I talked to Darren a couple times, and my first couple interactions with him were not that positive.  Back then he was trying to pull off the HSLD image, and that didn't work too well for him.  However, the last two times I was in there (we are talking about a 7-8 year difference) Darren was much more helpful.  Randy was a nut case who wanted to skirt laws on automatic knives and things like that, and his presence kept me away from there for a long time.

I was in Potomac Arms this afternoon in Old Town.  When I first walked in I thought I missed the clearance sale.  No more new guns for them.  Used only.  They also have a fraction of the ammo in stock they used to keep, and VERY few accessories.  I will be surprised if they are open for another 6 months at this rate.

shooter
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 4:58:21 PM EDT
[#9]

Randy was part owner along with Bobby in annandale small arms range. If anyone still remembers that place.

Oh god I remember that place.  Besides were Dawson's use to be. I went in their once(ONCE!!)and noticed the safety glass with the bullet impact behind the firing line. Talk about a quick about face then right out the door again.
Link Posted: 9/6/2005 8:52:04 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Randy was part owner along with Bobby in annandale small arms range. If anyone still remembers that place.

Oh god I remember that place.  Besides were Dawson's use to be. I went in their once(ONCE!!)and noticed the safety glass with the bullet impact behind the firing line. Talk about a quick about face then right out the door again.

I used to live about 3 minutes from there.  Before Randy started working there, the previous owner had once a month "plinker" night.  Basically, if you could fit it through the door, you could bring it in to shoot it up.  VERY cathartic shooting TVs and computers.  

I mentioned it to Randy when I went in there to shoot after a 6 mo. or so hiatus, during which the place changed owners.  He mumbled about how long it took to clean up all the residue from plinker nights, and we both had a little chuckle.  
Link Posted: 9/7/2005 5:50:38 AM EDT
[#11]
Apparently bowling pins were very popular.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top