Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2005 6:31:36 AM EDT
I'm interested in purchasing my first wheelgun soon and I need to try one out.  I'm looking for full-size models, 4" barrel or longer.  I shot one many many years ago but I forgot what it felt like.  Would anybody like to come out to the IWLA range in Stafford in the next couple of weeks and let me try one out?  I'd be happy to pay for ammo and there might even be a 6-pack of Yuengling in it for you .  Thanks, MJD.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:38:55 AM EDT
[#1]
How about a Ruger GP100 with 6 inch full underlug and adjustable sights?  

I have no clue where the Stafford IWLA is but I am sure we can figure something out.  No need for the Yuengling if you have something amusing I can shoot.

shooter
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 10:48:28 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a Colt Trooper and a S&W, just I/M me and I am sure we can hook up!!
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Dan Wesson here. I can bring it to Hite Hollow this weekend. Check the tacked thread.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 3:02:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Got a S&W Model 19 I bought in the mid 70's.  But I won't be back home til October.

Oh, and my house is right off of  Rte 610 a few miles before the IWL.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 4:14:12 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a 6 inch Colt Python if you want to meet up at gilberts you're welcome to shoot it.
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 5:15:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Highwayman--Wife and I will be at Gilberts on Sunday for a little range time. In attendance also will be a 6" Ruger Security Six with new Pachmyar presentation grips.  You pick the time, shoot a few rounds of mine or buy a box or two and shoot em all.  Also will have a P97DC and Taurus M85, 5 shot .38 snub nose revolver to warm up.  No beer necessary and I will clean the pistols. [cool]
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:07:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Hi there highwayman,

I have a 4" S&W 686 and a 4" Ruger Security-Six you are welcome to shoot. Usually at the NRA each Friday ~6PM. Plus, I have buddies that have great .357's as well.  PM me if you're interested.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 2:14:14 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I'm interested in purchasing my first wheelgun soon and I need to try one out.  I'm looking for full-size models, 4" barrel or longer.  I shot one many many years ago but I forgot what it felt like.  Would anybody like to come out to the IWLA range in Stafford in the next couple of weeks and let me try one out?  I'd be happy to pay for ammo and there might even be a 6-pack of Yuengling in it for you .  Thanks, MJD.  

Free Yuengling!!!!!  To bad I don't have a .357

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:01:44 AM EDT
[#9]
Thanks for all the offers so far.  I won't be available at all this weekend as I need to do some car repairs on Saturday and go cut down trees on Sunday.  Next weekend is looking much better however.  I'll be IM'ing one or more of you soon so we can set something up.  Thanks again, y'all are great!  MJD
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:48:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Too bad you didn't say something at the VBF. I have a S&W Model 65 that I keep in the M/H everywhere I go. Excellent trigger, double or single action!  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top