Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/18/2005 6:49:45 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:06:51 AM EDT
[#1]
so instead of gathering them up and hauling them back to where they came from they build them a building to gather at and make me pay for it.

The council members, in a 5 to 2 vote that several called the hardest decision in their public service

i would replace "hardest" with "most fucking stupid".

i wonder if this place is going to stand long...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:16:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Look at it this way:  Maybe there's a plan in the works that would encourage the illegals to frequent the "day laborer center" thus bringing a large amount to one place.  Perhaps the building might have automatic locks that would trap them in there until ICE arrives to round them up and send them back.  Kind of like shooting fish in a barrel.  Oh wait, I just realized, it's FAIRFAX, not enough cajones to do something like that.  Hey, a guy can dream can't he?    MJD
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:45:37 AM EDT
[#3]
Well, I think we should all head down there dressed in BDUs shouting" MIGRA MIGRA" every day hehe.  

The dog fu**** ratbag pricks here in Arlington *already* built one for them.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 7:58:46 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Well, I think we should all head down there dressed in BDUs shouting" MIGRA MIGRA" every day hehe.  

Let me know when you're up for it, I'll be there.  I did this on a construction site about 3 years ago.  Everybody scattered like cockroaches when you turn the light on.  The boss was pissed.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:53:15 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Let me know when you're up for it, I'll be there.  I did this on a construction site about 3 years ago.  Everybody scattered like cockroaches when you turn the light on.  The boss was pissed.  MJD

thats hilarious...count me also, that would be fun
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 8:53:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Wait until Judicial Watch files their lawsuit.

This IS NOT a done deal yet.

For Immediate Release
Aug 16, 2005 Contact: Press Office
202-646-5172

Day Laborer Site is Designed to Facilitate Illegal Activity

Statement to the Herndon Town Council by Tom Fitton

(Washington, DC) – Judicial Watch President Tom Fitton offered the following statement today to the Herndon Town Council as it considered a proposal by “Project Hope and Harmony” to operate a taxpayer-funded “Day Laborer Site” in the Town of Herndon:

“Thank you, Mayor and members of the Town Council.  I’m Tom Fitton, President of Judicial Watch, a government watchdog group based in Washington, D.C.  Judicial Watch is honored to represent concerned Herndon citizens who adamantly oppose this proposed use of taxpayer monies for illegal purposes.  They are prepared to sue the Town of Herndon if you approve this site and they will go to court to stop the Town from violating the law.  We sent you a letter to this effect on August 12, and I request that the letter be made part of the public record.

“The law is clear.  Can one hire undocumented workers?  No, it is illegal.  Can one hire someone without ensuring they are legally eligible to work here?  No, it is illegal.

“It is illegal to ‘encourage or induce an alien to come to, enter, or reside in the United States, knowing or in reckless disregard of the fact that such coming to, entry, or residence is or will be in violation of law.’  It is illegal to aid or abet the commission of such acts.

“Can a town expend taxpayer monies or provide support to facilitate such illegal activities?  Of course not.  This proposed site is designed to facilitate illegal activity:  the illegal hiring of illegal aliens.

“So, can the Town Council approve this plan?  For the Town Council to recommend this plan would be illegal under federal law.  But it would also be illegal under Virginia law.  Any town support for this site would constitute an ultra vires act, since no public official has any inherent power to authorize or facilitate unlawful acts using taxpayer funds.  Support for this site is not an option.

“The Town of Herndon has allowed illegal activity to go on unchecked at the 7-Eleven and elsewhere.  The solution is not local taxpayer support for this illegal activity.  The area around the 7-Eleven is the illegal day labor equivalent of a red-light district.  Law enforcement is in order, not taxpayer subsidies.

“The Planning Commission has seen reason and rejected this ill-conceived plan.  Under the laws of this Commonwealth, and under the laws of the United States, you must also decline to support this proposal.  Otherwise, Judicial Watch and its Herndon resident clients will see the Town of Herndon in court.

“Thank you.”

Link Posted: 8/18/2005 1:22:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I was listening to the radio today, elliot on DC101 was talking about it, he says it'll be nice for about a year or two, than it'll be a dump.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 2:10:14 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I was listening to the radio today, elliot on DC101 was talking about it, he says it'll be nice for about a year or two, than it'll be a dump.

wow...he's being very generous with that time frame.  
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 3:35:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Go figure. It made my blood boil just watching the do-gooder hippies" they're just making a living.we need to respect that, a center is money well spent" .
Fine. Finance it yourself hippie. If I lived there I'd really  be angry...
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:02:21 PM EDT
[#10]
Boy, I like that statement from Judicial Watch.  I hope they have the Herndon town council's ass with this lawsuit!  

I live in a fairly new development here in Loudoun and our developer has sold us out and signed a 7-Eleven gas station for our shopping center.  Since we're getting a grocery store and we already have 4 gas station/convenience stores in a 2 mile stretch on Route 50, I fail to see why our development needs another convenience store and gas station.  I put a post up on our community web forum opposing it on the basis it would attract "illegal aliens, construction crews, and kids on a beer run" to our neighborhood.  Man, I really heard it from the sensitivity crowd.  Don't you love how the liberals label anyone who doesn't agree with them as "close-minded, prejudiced, or bogited?"  Now that's being open minded.
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 4:39:36 PM EDT
[#11]
i saw a little on the news about this and they were interviewing a lady that was for the development of the house.

she was saying that it should be done because these people are good for the economy and all this shit.

now, am i wrong when i say that the work does help the economy but even more of them are on welfare/foodstamps/wic/any other type of goverment handout they can.  so in the end its a drain...just thinking outloud
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 1:58:44 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
i saw a little on the news about this and they were interviewing a lady that was for the development of the house.

she was saying that it should be done because these people are good for the economy and all this shit.

now, am i wrong when i say that the work does help the economy but even more of them are on welfare/foodstamps/wic/any other type of goverment handout they can.  so in the end its a drain...just thinking outloud

Well one thing is for sure, the illegals aren't paying income tax on the money earned.  And their employers aren't paying social security or medicare/medicaid taxes for them.  I don't see how that's good for the economy....unless you're an unscrupulous businessman who's hiring illegals.

You always hear that illegals take all the jobs that Americans don't want.  That's not really true.  Illegals are cheaper to hire than Americans and it isn't because Americans demand more money.  Employers don't have to pay social security, medicare/medicaid, etc. on illegals.  Further, they don't necessarily have to give them good raises, promotions, etc., because who is the illegal going to complain to.....the government? Illegals can get paid less or the same amount as their American counterpart, but their real income is higher because they don't have to pay any taxes on it.  Since the scumbags in Washington (both parties) are doing absolutely nothing to stop illegal immigration, then these illegals have a competitive advantage when it comes to most unskilled, manual labor jobs.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:27:36 AM EDT
[#13]
Why don’t we form a Minuteman Project just for this?  Get a grassroots thing moving and let people know citizens are not going to let this happen no matter what some brain dead low rent politician says.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:42:08 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Why don’t we form a Minuteman Project just for this?  Get a grassroots thing moving and let people know citizens are not going to let this happen no matter what some brain dead low rent politician says.

Do it.

Lets get  a Virginia chapter going.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:10:49 AM EDT
[#15]
Hmm I just saw the lawsuit thingy, and that just made me realize something...

Isn't this ALOT like Napster ? While you can use Napster for legal tradinging they said it was only being used for illicit activities. Unfortunately the RIAA has alot more money then anyone bringing suit againt Herndon
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 5:52:13 AM EDT
[#16]
I can't wait.

I'm going to sit out there with a long lens and take pics of every "worker' and every "employer"  for 1 week period and post them on the web for all to see. Maybe even do a little more detective work...follow "employers" to job sites and leave letters informing their clients that they're likely using illegal labor.

I might need some help. Volunteers?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:15:16 AM EDT
[#17]
Loudoun Board member, Snow announced this AM that since the Herndon alien depot will border Loudoun county that Herndon will need a permit from Loudoun to build out the site or allow indivuals to convene there. Snow said that the Loudoun board has already met on the issue and has agreed that no permit will be issued. Herndon will have to move the site or face fines and a major court challenge.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:30:17 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I can't wait.

I'm going to sit out there with a long lens and take pics of every "worker' and every "employer"  for 1 week period and post them on the web for all to see. Maybe even do a little more detective work...follow "employers" to job sites and leave letters informing their clients that they're likely using illegal labor.

I might need some help. Volunteers?

I'm in.

I can even do one better and shoot/edit/encode/post video.

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:30:40 AM EDT
[#19]
Okay, so they're going to put a trailer for these clowns to gather in, on the grounds of the police
station there on 606? Have they started hanging out there at the 7-11 next door, or is this to siphon
them off of the 7-11 there on Elden?

Last time I pulled up in the parking lot on Elden in my truck to get a drink on the way to work, I was
swarmed by the 'undocumented workers' who thought I was a contractor.

I *HATE* that shit!

You want to see some scatterment? Pull up in front in a black Crown Vic, get out wearing suits &
mirrored sunglasses, and say "INS! Nobody move!" That'd thin the herd out!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:40:02 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Okay, so they're going to put a trailer for these clowns to gather in, on the grounds of the police
station there on 606? Have they started hanging out there at the 7-11 next door, or is this to siphon
them off of the 7-11 there on Elden?

Last time I pulled up in the parking lot on Elden in my truck to get a drink on the way to work, I was
swarmed by the 'undocumented workers' who thought I was a contractor.

I *HATE* that shit!

You want to see some scatterment? Pull up in front in a black Crown Vic, get out wearing suits &

yeah, which one is the main gathering place now?  On Elden or over on 606?

I need some "before" pics
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 6:42:38 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

that could actually work out in your favor...pick up a bunch of them, drive to a location where you have INS waiting for them, and bust them all...

does that sound plausible?

oh yea...i'll help any way i can also.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:09:07 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

that could actually work out in your favor...pick up a bunch of them, drive to a location where you have INS waiting for them, and bust them all...

does that sound plausible?

oh yea...i'll help any way i can also.

I've got a truck with a toolbox in the back. Can I be involved in the sting as well?

Link Posted: 8/19/2005 7:52:23 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I've got a truck with a toolbox in the back. Can I be involved in the sting as well?

damn, thats what im missing.  i need a toolbox to make it look real...lmao
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:36:35 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

The proper term is "La Migra!"

Ask me how I know.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 8:47:45 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask me how I know.

Ummmm, Border Patrol? Who are / were you with?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:11:59 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ask me how I know.

Ummmm, Border Patrol? Who are / were you with?

I wasn't, but I DID stay at a Holiday Inn Express last night.

Seriously, just get a navy blue windbreaker, sunglasses and a clipboard.

Jump out and yell "La Migra!"

It's quite a sight.
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:22:10 AM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

It's quite a sight.

Do you think my DHS windbreaker and Raid tshirt will work?
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 9:43:14 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's quite a sight.

Do you think my DHS windbreaker and Raid tshirt will work?

Damn, you'd be all official-like!
Link Posted: 8/19/2005 2:43:56 PM EDT
[#29]
I had been in contact with the Minutemenhq off and on about a northern border mission but this changed it for me.  Just started contact with a few at HQ and called some state representatives today.  Let’s pull this thing together and setup tracking of all who use people from this location.   This can not stand.  Does anyone local want to act as a primary contact for any of us who want to stake the place out?  What type of location is this they are going to be operating out of?  Can we camp out across the street for example?  Any local camping grounds?
http://spaces.msn.com/members/normanster/
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 12:22:16 AM EDT
[#30]
GPS information on site to follow.
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 4:48:01 AM EDT
[#31]

Wonder if they will use illegal aliens to build the center?
Link Posted: 8/20/2005 6:33:20 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:
Wonder if they will use illegal aliens to build the center?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 10:59:39 AM EDT
[#33]
Unbelieveable - a Leesburg Today editorial where I agree with the editors!

Herndon Observer Article

Just a thought... would it be appropriate to go to the Herndon 7-11 in a monocolor Crown Vic while wearing an ICE t-shirt the morning of Labor Day Monday?

Link Posted: 8/23/2005 7:36:33 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:
Unbelieveable - a Leesburg Today editorial where I agree with the editors!

Herndon Observer Article

Just a thought... would it be appropriate to go to the Herndon 7-11 in a monocolor Crown Vic while wearing an ICE t-shirt the morning of Labor Day Monday?

I say we carpool there, I have a couple of extra raid tshirts that have DHS- Federal Officer in big bold gold lettering
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:05:24 AM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
I say we carpool there, I have a couple of extra raid tshirts that have DHS- Federal Officer in big bold gold lettering

Anyone got a Crown Vic?  Also, INS vans are dark blue or black.  This could be fun!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top