Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/10/2005 1:18:00 PM EDT
Last night at the Courthouse in Lovingston.

Over This

The room was packed and the heat was on. The NRA rep. put it to the BOS for about 5 minutes, then the rest of the hunters and shooters piled on.

My favorite part was when the High Sheriff told the BOS that he would not enforce the ordinance as written.

See the quote in This Link in black. Is a friend of mine.

Richmond Times Article

I loved every minute, most fun I've ever had with clothes on.

Danny
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 1:46:51 PM EDT
[#1]
Sounds like a good friend and a good Law Man.
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 2:06:58 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good friend and a good Law Man.

Yep!

Gary is the Sheriff for 2 more years, then he retires.

He signed the paperwork for my SBR

And he is a BIG precision rifle nut/hunter.

The other guy, Bernard is a Benchrester and hunter.

Danny

P.S. the BOS excluded hunting and taking of game. But the did not exempt target shooting, plinking, training etc. from the ordinance.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 2:59:32 AM EDT
[#3]
Looks like all of those genteel folks from Charlottesville are offended by the possibility of folks shooting in their vicinity.  Next thing you know, they'll be complaining about the smells coming from the farms.
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 3:41:16 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Looks like all of those genteel folks from Charlottesville are offended by the possibility of folks shooting in their vicinity.  Next thing you know, they'll be complaining about the smells coming from the farms.

Both Albermarle and Nelson were red counties in last election, speaks volumes.

Nothing here surprises me anymore.

NOTHING!

Danny
Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:37:30 PM EDT
[#5]
actually Rivanna Rifle and Pistol Club is just south of town, once you get away from the university, Charlottesville has a well armed populace
with 600+ members, and Albermarle County Police using it as a training range, hope fully Rivanna won't get caught up in this, but then again, it's not in nelson county either
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top