Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/8/2005 7:34:52 AM EDT
Does anybody know if Nissan Pavilion is concealed carry-friendly?  I'm going to the Deuces Wild Tour on the 20th and just needed to know.  I checked the VCDL site and didn't find anything.  Now that I'm writing this, I think I know my own answer.  I doubt it would be legal since they sell alcohol (presumably have an ABC license).  Please enlighten me if I'm mistaken.  Thanks.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:39:33 AM EDT
[#1]
They are not carry friendly.
I was patted down and asked to empty my pockets at the gate,and was asked to take my 1.5" bladed mini-Spyderco back to my vehicle. I think they would have shat themselves if I'd carried the Glock in from my car. I'm not sure about the ABC licensing on premises,but at least for the concert I went to (ironically a Ted Nugent concert), they were proactively patting down and searching for weapons,drugs and alcohol.
edited to add that I won't be returning to Nissan Pavilion. As a general rule I don't attend big venue pop music concerts, other than the occasional Wolf Trap performance.
Link Posted: 8/8/2005 7:46:00 AM EDT
[#2]
I was there MANY years ago and seemed to remember some searches and what-not.  Didn't have to worry about it then since I was just a kid.  MJD
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 3:08:57 AM EDT
[#3]
No chance they let you in with a CCW.  The above post is correct, they would probably shit themselves.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top