Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/3/2005 7:32:48 PM EDT
I'm trying to find a good gunsmith to work on my brothers Colt 1991 Officer's Model. Preferably in the Richmond area. The one smith I new who I'd trust to work on it has retired and is only working on firearms he sells.

The problem my brother is having is it is locking into battery. Occasionally it will chamber a round and the slide will not unlock to inject the empty brass or round.

This is factory ammo he is using. Once was  Hydrashok and another time generic Winchester ball.

Thanks
packratt
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 8:00:02 PM EDT
[#1]
You might try posting the problem over in the 1911 discussion forum.  There are several experienced 1911 guys that may have an easy fix for you.  It's too late for me to think much right now, but if something comes to mind I'll get back to you.

I know a good gunsmith in the Stafford area, Dan Rivenbark if you can't find somebody closer to you.  I'll try to get his phone number for you tomorrow.
Scott
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 2:41:36 AM EDT
[#2]
I'd recommend also posting your question at one of these forums:
www.1911forum.com
www.pistolsmith.com
Link Posted: 8/6/2005 3:41:58 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I'm trying to find a good gunsmith to work on my brothers Colt 1991 Officer's Model. Preferably in the Richmond area. The one smith I new who I'd trust to work on it has retired and is only working on firearms he sells.

The problem my brother is having is it is locking into battery. Occasionally it will chamber a round and the slide will not unlock to inject the empty brass or round.

This is factory ammo he is using. Once was  Hydrashok and another time generic Winchester ball.

Thanks
packratt

Check with Templar (Tim) here on AR15.com.  He works for DeGoffs (gunshop) near Richmond and I'm sure he's know of a good 1911 pistolsmith in the area.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top