Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/31/2005 4:04:13 AM EDT
I just got sworn in last wednsesday but I will not be going to the academy for at least 6 months.  I need some help finding a cheap class or an instructor I can pay that will take me to the range or any class that is certified for me to apply for a CCW with.  I Appreciate this.  I dont get to carry my service weapon because I am not "properly trained"  until I take state certified classes.

edit:  I currently live in Northern VA the Spotsylvania Area for anyone that is close to here

DRUFF
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 4:29:55 AM EDT
[#1]
not sure where spotsylvania area is but Gilbert Arms has a class every monday or every other monday for like $40 or so.

they are usually filled up for several classes but if you have nothing to do just show up and most of the time you can just go right in because not everyone shows up when they reserve a spot.

when me and frtloop went the class was full but only 3 people showed up including us two.  this is the cheapest class i have seen around this area but then again i got what i paid for...which wasnt much, just the bare minimum IMO.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 5:10:18 AM EDT
[#2]
I can do one for you, but I'm in Richmond.  I believe Hydguy is in Nova and can probably hook you up as well....

Black Fox
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 6:05:38 AM EDT
[#3]
Can you IM me with the cost and all I may just meet you down here in Richmond.  Or HYDEGUY can you Im Me with how much you charge and what all I need to do???

DRUFF
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 9:33:24 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out Paul at The Range on Rte 1 btwn Stafford County courthouse and Frednecksburg.  Gives a nice couple hour course, is NRA certified, and nice guy.  He'll put on a class pretty much any time of your choosing and not very expensive either.  Took the wife there when she was applying for her CCW.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:02:10 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Check out Paul at The Range on Rte 1 btwn Stafford County courthouse and Frednecksburg.  Gives a nice couple hour course, is NRA certified, and nice guy.  He'll put on a class pretty much any time of your choosing and not very expensive either.  Took the wife there when she was applying for her CCW.

Thanks a lot and I will look into that definately

DRUFF
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:03:45 AM EDT
[#6]
you know you can always take a hunters education corse. thats how i got my ccw. plus its only like 20 bucks. and its getting close to hunting season so there should be a few in your area. just contact the va. dept. of game and inland fisheries they should have dates for up comming classes.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 10:00:42 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
I just got sworn in last wednsesday but I will not be going to the academy for at least 6 months.  I need some help finding a cheap class or an instructor I can pay that will take me to the range or any class that is certified for me to apply for a CCW with.  I Appreciate this.  I dont get to carry my service weapon because I am not "properly trained"  until I take state certified classes.

edit:  I currently live in Northern VA the Spotsylvania Area for anyone that is close to here

DRUFF

Shooters Paradise in Woodbridge VA offers a Basic 1 class just about every Saturday from 1pm to about 6:30pm, it includes range time firing both a revolver and an auto.  Everything is provided for $75.00  Call tomorrow (ask for Robb) or IM me for my cell number and I'll get you on the list for this coming Saturday if interested.  www.shootersparadise.com  You'll receive a certificate that satifies the VA CHP requirement before going home from the store.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:35:21 AM EDT
[#8]
No prob!  Congrats on being sworn in.  Figured The Range is alot closer to your neck of  the woods than many of the other places being mentioned.  While the course of instruction that Paul offers isn't as in depth as some of the other places mentioned, it does cover the basics and provides that training certificate that the CHP requires.
Good luck!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top