Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/29/2005 1:53:28 PM EDT
I'm here at NAB in Little Creek for Army AIT and we get a weekend pass this saturday and sunday. I'm from CA and will be going back there and I also have nothing planned all weekend. So if someone wants to let me know what I can do in the area that would be great. Or if someone would be willing to go as far as to let me shoot some firearms I'll can never touch in CA (aka 99% of what's fun) that would be appreciated too.

Feel free to give me a call, I'll likely be sitting on base doing nothing 626-688-9420
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 6:41:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey Foogoo- I'm a Norfolk fireman and live in Va.Beach.  There's toooooo much to do in this town to fit in a small paragraph! Unfortunately I can't hang w/ you this weekend....I'm working Sat and 1/2 Sunday.have    If you're at Little Creek (home of SEAL TEAM 2/4/training), there should be lots of opportunity to meet guys of similar background. My punk-ass Brother-in-law is a SEAL has   Across from Gate 4, about 3/4 mile East, there's a small strip mall that has the Thoroughgood Comedy club-pretty good, Extreme Outfitters-alot of knives, Eotechs, Blackhawk and Surefire stuff, a handful of bars and restaurants.
  If you can get to the Pembroke Mall area of VB, there's a new "Town Center" that has roughly 10-15 new bars and restaurants, a comedy club and lots of women.
 If you venture to the Oceanfront, be careful. It's a military town and the local PD and MP's have heard it all for fifty years. Stay off the beaten path and stick to local's places. ( Rudees' & Big Sam's-Winston-Salem Ave,  Croc's-19th & Mediterranean) If you hit the oceanfront, the big bar area is the section between 22nd and 20th St.on Atlantic Ave.  (Chicho's, Peabody's, fifteen others....)
This area is home to a gazillion women who are used to seeing military guys...so make yourself at home, have fun! As always, welcome to the BEACH, don't drink and drive!
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 3:57:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Fireman223

What firehouse do you work at in Norfolk?  Do you live in Norfolk too?

I am retiring from the Army this winter and moving back to Norfolk in September.  I own a house in the Larchmont area.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 4:48:20 PM EDT
[#3]
Not to hijack this thread, but I'm at Station #7-C, 43rd and Hampton Blvd. (Across from ODU's new basketball/ convention arena). Larchmont is my first-due area. Welcome back home!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 9:07:36 AM EDT
[#4]
fireman223 i am a firemedic across the bay from you. we will have to try to get some people together and go to a range on some  saturday or sunday.
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 12:27:27 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow thanks for all the suggestions. Unfortunately I couldn't check this thread until now. Spent a good portion of saturday just roaming Pembrook Mall. Hope you guys have fun here whilst I return to PRK
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 5:43:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Foogoo

Are you an Army musician?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top