Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/24/2005 10:05:00 AM EDT
Hello all... I'm looking for a FFL in The Richmond or Tri-City area that might possibly stock some stripped lowers, or if someone has one for a F2F. Im trying to keep my costs down on my first build, and $25 extra transfer fee adds into the equation. Thanks in advance. Not trying to make this a EE thread on purpose though.

-- O. Jeremy Miles
FF/Medic
Richmond, VA
Link Posted: 7/27/2005 10:47:43 PM EDT
[#1]
btt
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 3:06:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 6:07:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm not familiar with the term tri-city area but you mihgt try DeGoff's in Mechanicsville also i know Quantico Arms carries calvary arms lowers and their website shows eagle arms lowers as well.  I'm assuming that you are referring to AR lowers.
Link Posted: 7/28/2005 8:36:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 7/29/2005 4:09:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quantico arms used to stock Eagle Arms lowers.  

I saw a few days ago that Virginia Arms in Manassas has Bushmaster lowers in stock, for reasonable prices I might add.

G1
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 9:12:28 AM EDT
[#6]
After you spend $20 in a tank of gas to get up there and back you might as well done the transfer.
Link Posted: 7/30/2005 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Stonewall Arms in Winchester. In stock uppers and lowers. RRA's I think.
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 1:27:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Funny you should ask, I just got back from Dominion Shooting Range in Chesterfield (off of Turner Rooad). I was talking to one of the guys there about an AR behind the counter that he said was his, and noticed it had a Stag Lower. I asked him where he got it and he said they were a dealer. I asked how much and he said $110, but would sell me one at $100, since I was just shooting there. They were out of stock currently, but would be getting some more in by the end of the week. So for $100.00, and no $25 transfer fee I bought one, and it should be in by Friday. My total was $105.00 with tax, the cheapest I have seen them for on the net is $89.00 if you buy 3 and you still have to pay the $25 bucks, shipping, plus tax.

I haven't purchased a gun from these guys before (I really didn't know they sold guns just thought they were a range), but every time I have gone there to shoot they have been extreamly friendly, professional, and easy to deal with *Think opposite of Dark Sun in every way, but still with the good prices. I was happy with the price and can't wait till it gets in for my new build.

Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:49:43 PM EDT
[#9]
I had Dominion Shooting Range order and install the Meprolight night sights on my HK P2000us .40 last week and saw they were a dealer. The've always been nice to me, they even give police/fire/rescue a discount. Only gripe i have about the place is the condition of the driveway going into their lot.

Havent dealt with Dark Sun but saw them at the last gun show at the Show Place, and they acted like they didnt wanna help me out, even though they had decent prices...

-- O. Jeremy Miles
FF/Medic
Richmond, Virginia
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 2:55:47 PM EDT
[#10]
So did you end up getting a lower?
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:18:44 PM EDT
[#11]
I havent gotten a lower yet... prob within the next month, i have alot of expenses to dish out this month and vacation labor day weekend. Priorities suck :-(
Link Posted: 7/31/2005 3:56:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I understand that! Glad you know about the Stag lowers there though! Looked like a pretty good deal to me!
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 11:56:58 AM EDT
[#13]
The reason why the guys at Dominion shooting range are so nice is because they are happily raping you with ammo costs.

Any of you guys wanna meet there for a shoot in the future?
Link Posted: 8/1/2005 1:27:47 PM EDT
[#14]
I shoot there Monday nights, tho probably won't make it tonight or next week.  They have an "action/tactical/IDPA/defensive/whatever you want to call it"  shoot on half the range.

Fun times.  Need to spend a bit of time learning some of the safety rules they enforce during the competition, also the rules/scoring/terminology.

Well worth every minute of it!  Bought my first centerfire pistol ~5 years ago,  shot a match thinking that I'd be an occasional competitor (2-3 times a year) but it turned out to be an immediate addiction.
Link Posted: 8/2/2005 3:41:17 AM EDT
[#15]
Yeah, when i  shot there I thought the ammo cost was high, but it was the first time i shot at a range, so I just thought that was how they made their money. I normally shoot at the family farm, where I have room to shoot my big boys (22-250, 25-06, 30-06, all Rem 700 variations).. so i just shoot my pistol there also (albeit not at 300yards!).

You would think as much as they charge for ammo that they could get their driveway paved for heavens sake! I think they owe me a shock or something...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top