Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/22/2005 10:11:55 AM EDT
I used Underground Audio...

Once I made the decision to scrap the stock radio they were able to hook me up!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend them highly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to have a couple things done to the car and my truck.  Primary thing is XM Radio receiver hardwired to the car, antenna run, power run, adapter run, etc......

I also need a capacitor installed in the car for my amp.  I'm tired of the lights dimming while listening to anything with the volume above 5.

In the truck, I need a new XM-capable head unit, new front speakers, a small sub box and an amp.  Also need the XM Radio controls hooked into the head unit.

Does personally know a shop owner?  Or personally know an installer at a shop?

Not looking for a killer deal, just want to get a good price and be able to talk to the guys without the bullshit salesman lines and the "Oh shit, I forgot to estimate that part in my price, that's gonna be $200 more......my bad."

Anyone?  Anyone?
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 12:52:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Does Katz Car Stereo still operate in Alexandria?

The put in a CD changer in my GirlFriends vehicle without any issues and I don't think that I overpaid.  Unfortunately this was done about 8 years ago.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 4:11:52 PM EDT
[#2]
Tagged since my Dodge 2500 needs a CD player that does not need the dash ripped open like a Christmas toy.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 4:24:58 PM EDT
[#3]
I used to do custom installs. I'd offer to do it if I wasn't in the middle of house rennovations and working 60+ hrs a week.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 8:05:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Ed, Just do it yourself bro,... Theres nothing to any of it really,... Ive installed dozens of systems for my own and friends. Try www.crutchfield.com For pretty good pricing and quick shipping to VA. Heck Ill help you if I can find the time. Remember: Money saved is XM193 in the mag.
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 8:07:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Ed, Just do it yourself bro,... Theres nothing to any of it really,... Ive installed dozens of systems for my own and friends. Try www.crutchfield.com For pretty good pricing and quick shipping to VA. Heck Ill help you if I can find the time. Remember: Money saved is XM193 in the mag.

I've done it all before.

I'm not interested in doing it.....
Link Posted: 6/22/2005 8:07:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Tagged since my Dodge 2500 needs a CD player that does not need the dash ripped open like a Christmas toy.

Also try Cruthfield, they give free adapters for your trucks dash and speaker harnesses with a headunit purchase. And they probably have a pug and play CD changer for you walker
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 2:24:20 AM EDT
[#7]
Crutchfield rocks. Just go to Charlottesville and have them do it. They have stellar prices and customer service. If you go to their outlet in C'ville they have awesome prices on open box stuff, and will install it right there.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 5:22:11 AM EDT
[#8]
BUMP -

I need a new headunit installed and have new speakers drilled in and connected into my overhead speaker box in a Jeep. Possibly have an amp and sub installed too. Don't really want to do it myself even though I have all the parts.

Sounds like someone has 3 jobs or so lined up right here in this thread... :D

I know Circut City installed a stereo for my GF with no problems but for some reason I'm reluctant to go there. At this point I might just stop into one of those rice-burner audio shops I see all around NOVA and ask if they will work on a Jeep.

Link Posted: 6/23/2005 7:55:31 AM EDT
[#9]
i take all my stuff to best buy to get it installed and have only had 1 problem with them the whole time.

for some reason they say they cant install new speakers in the front of my civic because they wont fit...well how the hell are the speakers in there now???

anyways thats what i do.
Link Posted: 6/23/2005 8:40:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
BUMP -

I need a new headunit installed and have new speakers drilled in and connected into my overhead speaker box in a Jeep. Possibly have an amp and sub installed too. Don't really want to do it myself even though I have all the parts.

I know Circut City installed a stereo for my GF with no problems but for some reason I'm reluctant to go there. At this point I might just stop into one of those rice-burner audio shops I see all around NOVA and ask if they will work on a Jeep.

Wranglers have 5 1/2's in the factory soundbar, But 6 1/2's will fit if your careful of the mounting depth..........Udog
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 4:55:57 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
BUMP -

Wranglers have 5 1/2's in the factory soundbar, But 6 1/2's will fit if your careful of the mounting depth..........Udog

That's exactly what I've read on jeep forums, and I even ordered the infinity 6.5 speakers everyone was talking about on the forums. I ordered a bracket and put in once inch bigger speakers in the front no problem... but when my soundbar is down and the old speakers are out, the wires connect but the mount is off. The holes are 1/2 inch off and need to be re-drilled for the new speakers to mount.  It's not too hard I just don't have the equipment at my disposal.
Link Posted: 6/24/2005 4:11:33 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Also try Cruthfield, they give free adapters for your trucks dash and speaker harnesses with a headunit purchase. And they probably have a pug and play CD changer for you walker

Surround sound

Link Posted: 6/24/2005 10:32:09 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Surround sound

Why? thought you were deaf by now anyway?

Link Posted: 6/26/2005 6:54:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Katz in Arlington, on Glebe Rd. just south of route 50.  Neil is a good guy, and won't let you spend money you don't need to.  I've *tried* on several occasions to spend money in there, and he wouldn't let me.  

Their installation $$ are pretty much standard, but they *won't* screw you with the "oh we forgot to add this" BS.  

I bought some stuff from them about 12 years ago...he removed it from one car and installed it in another one when my lease was up for *free*.  
Link Posted: 6/27/2005 5:57:33 AM EDT
[#15]
Thanks Fenian, I know just where you're talking about and I happen to live nearby. I will check them out!
Link Posted: 8/3/2005 6:40:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Underground Audio on Backlick Road, right next to Pallone Chevy......

They get an "A" from me......

If I had scraped the stock radio sooner they would have gotten an A+....
Link Posted: 8/4/2005 7:36:43 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
I used Underground Audio...

Once I made the decision to scrap the stock radio they were able to hook me up!!!!!!!!!

I would recommend them highly!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I need to have a couple things done to the car and my truck.  Primary thing is XM Radio receiver hardwired to the car, antenna run, power run, adapter run, etc......

I also need a capacitor installed in the car for my amp.  I'm tired of the lights dimming while listening to anything with the volume above 5.

In the truck, I need a new XM-capable head unit, new front speakers, a small sub box and an amp.  Also need the XM Radio controls hooked into the head unit.

Does personally know a shop owner?  Or personally know an installer at a shop?

Not looking for a killer deal, just want to get a good price and be able to talk to the guys without the bullshit salesman lines and the "Oh shit, I forgot to estimate that part in my price, that's gonna be $200 more......my bad."

Anyone?  Anyone?

what size amp are you using. the reason i ask is it will take one hell of a cap to stop the diming if you have a huge amp. I ended up having to put a battery pack in my last vehicle becuase if that. The only other way is to put in a cap pack that is 3 farad or higher and thoes things are way up there.  The new one that i have i have a huge 850 cc battery and the lights hardly ever dim unless i pound it real hard and by then the glass is about to come out so.. Where do you live and ill see if i can find someone to help you
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top