Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/22/2005 10:26:51 AM EDT
The following is excerpted from the most recent NRA-ILA Grassroots Alert (Vol. 12, No. 20, 05/20/05).  The full report, such as it is, can be read here.

HOUSE JUDICIARY COMMITTEE CONTINUES WORK ON H.R. 800

On Wednesday, May 18, the House Judiciary Committee met to continue debating amendments to H.R. 800, the "Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act," sponsored by Reps. Cliff Stearns (R-Fla.) and Rick Boucher (D-Va.).  The legislation has 254 cosponsors.

Anti-gun members of the committee offered a series of amendments that had no purpose except to try and score political points--including one by Rep. Bobby Scott (D-Va.) to eliminate the bill's statement that the Second Amendment protects an individual right to keep and bear arms.

I still remember reading Children Highlight's magazine as a youth in the waiting rooms of doctors and dentists.  Bobby Scott sure seems to qualify as "Goofus," attempting to negate the good efforts of Rick Boucher who is acting like "Gallant."

Can anyone provide additional pertinent information?  

After gerrymandering, my district is represented by Jim Moron.  I used to think they didn't come more "goofus" than the Honorable Mr. Moron, but fear now that I might be mistaken.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top