Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/18/2005 3:37:19 PM EDT
  Any one have any experience with surpresors in arlington county? I moved to NOVA a year ago

and have just recently been able to slow down SBR's and surpresors have been on my to do list for

about the same amount of time, would apreciate any personel knowledge about CLEO and where to

buy

thanks

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 4:44:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Forget it, unless you incorporate or go LLC.

Arlington doesn't sign off on CIII stuff.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:06:00 PM EDT
[#2]
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but who is the CLEO in Arlington?  I'm planning on applying for a C&R license and can't figure out whether it's the Sheriff or Police Chief.  I know Arlington hates Class III and that C&R doesn't require CLEO approval, but should I expect to receive some grief from the county over a C&R?  Also, I seem to recall that the only Arlington gun dealer listed in the Yellow Pages is a Class III dealer.  I can't imagine Arlington signing approval for a Class III dealer anytime within the past 20 years or that he would have much business.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:02:01 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I don't mean to hijack the thread, but who is the CLEO in Arlington?  I'm planning on applying for a C&R license and can't figure out whether it's the Sheriff or Police Chief.  I know Arlington hates Class III and that C&R doesn't require CLEO approval, but should I expect to receive some grief from the county over a C&R?  Also, I seem to recall that the only Arlington gun dealer listed in the Yellow Pages is a Class III dealer.  I can't imagine Arlington signing approval for a Class III dealer anytime within the past 20 years or that he would have much business.

i wouldnt worry about any "grief" from Arlington county, as you said all you have to do is inform them of what you are doing.  its not like you are asking permission or anything like that.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 6:10:05 PM EDT
[#4]
I got my first M16 transfered from a dealer in Arlington.  A stones throw from Ft Myer.  I believe he worked for Lennox locks or something like that.   Here is something I just found..

www.google.com/local?hl=en&lr=&c2coff=1&q=lennox+locks&near=Arlington,+VA&sa=X&oi=locald&radius=0.0&latlng=38870833,-77101389,8994863254226953017

1630 N Barton, yup that was his place.  
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:51:12 AM EDT
[#5]
No probs with a C&R here...send send a letter to the Chief of Police, Arlington, VA.  Cruffer.com has a sample, which I copied verbatim.  

I haven't tried the class III, since I'm too poor.  I've heard they're shitbirds about it, though.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top