Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/15/2005 8:52:36 AM EDT
Finally graduated from college yesterday.  After many more years than it should have taken.

Anyway, Warner was at the ceremony, gave a nice little speech (he was actually kinda funny)  and he handed out the degrees.  He also hinted that he was going to be looking for "bigger and better" jobs in '08.    
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 1:51:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Congratulations on the graduation.   NOW GET A JOB!!!!  Nice of the gov to pass out the sheepskins.....still not gonna vote for him though.....
Link Posted: 5/15/2005 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Congratulations on the graduation.   NOW GET A JOB!!!!  Nice of the gov to pass out the sheepskins.....still not gonna vote for him though.....

thanks.  i've had a job for two years now.  They paid my tuition, now they own me

and dont worry i have no plans for giving Warner anything more than a handshake in the near future.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:04:09 AM EDT
[#3]
They own you?  Then ask for a raise....you're college edumicated now!  And congrats again...
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 8:18:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Congrats David.  We're all proud of you.  

As to the governor thing, I think he is well on his way to a national ticket.  He is exactly what the dems need to regain their status as a national party.  Personally, I wouldn't vote for him, but I wouldn't cry if he were elected Prez.  Unfortunately, there is no friggin' way the Dems would allow him to be nominated at the top of a ticket.  Look for him in the Veep slot as a way for the Dems to fool enough voters into believing the party isn't a bunch of kook liberals.  Unfortunately, its a strategy that might just work.
Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:24:12 AM EDT
[#5]
I appreciate Gov Mark Warner signing pro-gun bills in VA over the past couple of years.  However, he's still willingly a part of the party mechanism that has institutionalized hostility toward the 2nd Amendment.  As such, I'd have trouble supporting him.

Edited to add:  Congrats David!

Link Posted: 5/16/2005 9:48:20 AM EDT
[#6]
thanks again guys.   K17, no can do on the raise, that was the deal, they pay for shcool, I work for them for 2 years.  Not a bad deal though since its where I wanted to work anyway.

I agree 100% with what cliffy said.  Warner is THE kind of Dem that will revive their ticket.    If he was moderate enough to get elected in VA then he's good enough to fool the rest opf the country.  I'll agree that he's been pretty good as far as the 2nd amend goes, but I fear that if he actually did get the nod, he'd suddenly become at least a little more anit-gun.  

Hes already been doing in VA what Hillary has been trying to do in NY for the last few years.  She's been making very conservative votes up there in order to make herself look less of a far leftist.  God help us all if she gets on the ballot.

EDIT:
Geez I cant type!
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 5:24:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Congratulations, but I would have immediately wiped the democrat koodies off my hand
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top