Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/16/2005 1:08:39 PM EDT
This is the guy for us right?

Dear Marc Wyszkowski:

Pro-gun former Attorney General Jerry Kilgore (R) and current gubernatorial candidate is hosting official Campaign Kickoff events across Virginia. Please visit www.jerrykilgore.com/contents/ontheroad/ for the dates of the upcoming Kilgore Campaign Kickoff Tour to find an event near you. Or, for more information, please call NRA-ILA at 1-800-392-VOTE (8683).

To learn more about how you can help with his campaign, please visit www.jerrykilgore.com, or call the campaign headquarters at 804-421-9966.

Please make plans to attend a Campaign Kick-Off event near you and to find out what you can do this election season to elect pro-Second Amendment lawmakers to office and sustain Virginia's proud gun ownership heritage.

Don't forget to wear your NRA gear!

NRA Institute for Legislative Action

Link Posted: 3/16/2005 4:36:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Yes Sir it is
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Yes Sir it is

yep...he is coming to speak in arlington next tuesday.

hopefully i can make it and go hear him speak.  
Link Posted: 3/16/2005 5:29:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Kilgore beats the snot out of Kaine (the Democrat's candidate) any day of the week.  If I'm not mistaken, Kaine sponsored a bus trip to the first Million Mom March while mayor of Richmond.  When it comes to gun rights, Kaine is garbage.
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 3:44:21 AM EDT
[#4]
kilgore and jeff frederick!
Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:06:28 AM EDT
[#5]
I attended a ceremony marking the first anniversary of September 11 that was held in Capitol Square.  It was a very dignified ceremony with color guard and bagpipes – but then Kilgore got up to speak.  I have never heard such a pathetic string of platitudes and meaningless verbiage; completely inappropriate to the occasion, all delivered in his high-pitched drawling whine.  He clearly signaled the fact that he was there to take advantage of the occasion to press his own agenda at the cost of the rest of the ceremony.  It was a textbook exercise in what a small-time politician does to get ahead, and it was disgusting.  He is apparently a pathetic opportunist.  I was much impressed – but not in a good way.

Link Posted: 3/17/2005 4:14:34 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I'm not mistaken, Kaine sponsored a bus trip to the first Million Mom March while mayor of Richmond.

You are not mistaken.  Kaine attempted to use City of Richmond tax dollars to pay for the buses, and the city even cut the check.  Virginia gun owners threw a fit and complained to the city council.  Council investigated and said, nope, you can't use tax money to send people to lobby Congress, it's illegal, go raise private $ to reimburse the city.  Kaine couldn't find any donors, so he had to pay the city back out of his own pocket.

The "Independent" candidate, Russ Potts - www.recallpotts.com/ - is a RINO state senator of the worst sort.  He'll pull more votes from Kaine than Kilgore.

Kilgore's not perfect - what politician is? - but both NRA and GOA rate him highly on gun-rights issues.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top