Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/11/2005 10:48:36 AM EDT
I know USPS is a nono, I tried UPS they said no, and I went WITH FRIKKIN FFL to fedex and they said no?  What else is left?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:24:33 AM EDT
[#1]
You ship ammo in a box...
UPS is ur Friend
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 11:38:15 AM EDT
[#2]
I get all my ammo via UPS.  Not sure what the deal is. You have to properly label the box with the ORM-D sticker and such, but ammoman has sent me tens of thousands of rounds via UPS, so maybe they just don't like you personally or something (just kidding).

It's probably in the labeling of the box, there are all kinds of weird regulations concerning that.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:46:46 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
You ship ammo in a box...
UPS is ur Friend

where was that link s'posed to send me?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:54:32 PM EDT
[#4]
UPS site does not say it refutes to ship ammo...
so under that premise, I would package the ammo can, ammo box, whatever container in the ammo is in to conceal the true identity of the contents!
Pulled from the UPS site
Follow These Packing Requirements
Your packages that contain handguns must be separated from other packages being delivered to UPS
Ammunition cannot be included in your packages that contain firearms (including handguns)
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:55:42 PM EDT
[#5]
The store I went to froced me to declare what was in package, then they forced me to leave after a little verbalization of my opinions regarding their practices.  It's fact that we can ship ammo ups, right?
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 12:57:08 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
The store I went to froced me to declare what was in package, then they forced me to leave after a little verbalization of my opinions regarding their practices.  It's fact that we can ship ammo ups, right?

you are correct.  just go to another ups store...the employees there seem like morons
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 2:30:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Customer: I want to ship this box

UPS Employee: What is in the box

Customer: Metals for Ballistic Experimentation

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 3:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I tried to send ammo back to Winchester after getting a shipping label. When I told the guy what I was shipping , you would'a thought I was sending a bomb to the president. He told me that UPS does not ship ammo. Then got peed off when I told him the last 1000 rounds I bought came by way of the BIG BROWN TRUCK. The lady I talked to a Winchester was very nice and told me the UPS guy was an idiot. Then she sent me a pickup tag and on the way it went. It happens everywhere, I bought an upper off the EE and the package was marked '' camshaft and lifters''. What it amounts to is the UPS employee's don't know the laws.
Link Posted: 3/11/2005 5:36:03 PM EDT
[#9]

UPS tells me that you can only ship firearms and ammo from a UPS station.  UPS stores that you find in your neighborhood do not accept such shipments.  Pretty sure they make that clear on the website as well.

I have to go down to Coach Road here in Richmond - no big deal...

Link Posted: 3/11/2005 7:03:49 PM EDT
[#10]
I have shipped ammo several times via UPS. Must have "ORM-D" marking on box, as well as "Small Arms Ammunition." I just bought some ORM-D SMA" labels to use for future shipments...

I use my UPS account to print labels and pay, then I drop off at UPS Customer Service Center, not a UPS Store like a Mail Box Etc...

Never had any problems...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
what are these labels " ORM-D SMA" do they have to be bought, or can i just print them?

If I make teh return address TeD KAczINnski, will they bother me?
Link Posted: 3/12/2005 4:54:16 PM EDT
[#12]
i just went through this same thing last week......local ups store said they didnt ship ammo.....the manager comes in and says let me make a call.......hes calls his boss at MAIL BOX ETC and is told that they now can ship ammo ...they just have to make sure UPS knows that it is ammo.
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 7:56:58 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
what are these labels " ORM-D SMA" do they have to be bought, or can i just print them?

If I make teh return address TeD KAczINnski, will they bother me?

The stickers are easier and look more professional (less potential hassle than chicken-scratch with a black Sharpie)...

All you need is this marking on atleast two sides; "ORM-D" then under it "Small Arms Ammunition." A black Sharpie is fine as long as it is clear to read.

Since the UPS warehouse is close to me, I just drop it off there... no hassle. Even if it wasn't as close as a UPS drop-off, I would probably take the effort a drive to UPS directly and save hassle potential...

Rmpl
Link Posted: 3/13/2005 8:02:16 AM EDT
[#14]
There's some good information at Cartridge Collectors.

Brillo
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 4:55:08 AM EDT
[#15]
anyone know where the closest UPS 'station' is that I can ship ammo from?
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 5:09:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
anyone know where the closest UPS 'station' is that I can ship ammo from?

Go to the UPS web site... it's all there...
UPS

Rmpl
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 9:12:17 AM EDT
[#17]
went to:
CUSTOMER CENTER
5409 PORT ROYAL RD
SPRINGFIELD, VA  22151

with properly marked box "ORM-D Small Arms Ammunition".

It'll be there on Wednesday.

Damn that was easy.
Link Posted: 3/14/2005 7:46:05 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
went to:
CUSTOMER CENTER
5409 PORT ROYAL RD
SPRINGFIELD, VA  22151

with properly marked box "ORM-D Small Arms Ammunition".

It'll be there on Wednesday.

Damn that was easy.

Pretty soon you'll be shipping like Eric at Ammoman.com...

Rmpl
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top