Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/1/2004 12:02:06 PM EDT
I have waited two days to see pics..  I couldn't make it and am getting impatient to see what the builds look like..

So lets see them...

FMO
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:23:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I arrived around 10am and left at 5pm.  Didn't seem like that long but it was a beautiful day.  Only got partway done but hopefully I'll attend another buildfest and finish it off.  Here are a few photos.

Link Posted: 11/1/2004 3:26:04 PM EDT
[#2]
As you can see with the photos,  I removed the barrel from the trunion, and bent 2 flats.  Fit the front trunion into one receiver and welded in the rails.  Thats as far as I got with one receiver and the other is in the same condition except I didn't fit it yet for any trunion.

Learned alot and wish I had a 20 ton press.  
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 7:08:09 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I arrived around 10am and left at 5pm.  Didn't seem like that long but it was a beautiful day.  Only got partway done but hopefully I'll attend another buildfest and finish it off.  Here are a few photos.

I'm guessing that you finished pressing your barrel pin with that punch before it exploded? Can't
remember whose pin was being pressed, but it exploded all over the place. That was loud as shit!
I think we had to check our drawers after that!

It served on, as we were able to grind down the broken-off piece and use it as a push-pin for
other uses.

I was last to leave. Was ready to press & headspace my barrel when Rich & I realized that we didn't
have the headspace gauges! DOHH!!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:21:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Arggg...  Wish I could have been there..

Any word on a possible Winter Buildfest?

FMO
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 4:27:04 AM EDT
[#5]
Wish I could have been there fellas, but I'm still waiting on my son to come out and meet everyone!
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 6:57:40 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Any word on a possible Winter Buildfest?

There's talk of another down around Norfolk/Yorktown, but I have little hope of talking Mrs. Tanker
into letting me go to that one, as that would be an over-nighter.

We really need to find somebody around here that could host such an event. I personally can't do
it, as I don't have room to do so.
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:34:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I wish I could have attended...
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#8]
I got my flat bent and lowers rails in.  Unfortunately I was not able to pick up a parts kit before the build.  I did learn a tremendous amount about the AK.  I knew virtually nothing about them before.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top