Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/26/2004 8:06:38 PM EDT
I can't get to the range at all these days because my baby is too young to go along, and if I'm going to PAY a babysitter, then I'm going out to dinner with my husband, dammit!!!!

I don't know how many Virginia women we have on the forum, or how many of us have small kids, but I was thinking it might be fun to do a once-monthly shoot at the NRA range and have one person from the group watch everyone else's kids for an hour or two on a rotating basis while the rest of us shoot.  

Are there any ladies (or members' wives) who would be interested in something like this?  A chance to shoot with the girls once a month in exchange for watching a few kids for an hour or two once or twice a year?
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:08:30 PM EDT
[#1]

Only on Arfcom! I love it here.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:10:52 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Does that mean you'll watch my kid so I can shoot????
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:20:40 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in WA. Active topics.  I just think what you're doing is cool.

Link Posted: 10/26/2004 8:23:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm in WA. Active topics.  I just think what you're doing is cool.

Ah.  Okay then.  

Bump.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:37:47 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 3:52:27 AM EDT
[#6]
we live in the lorton area and i'd love for my wife to get some range time in.  If you get some folks lined up let me know.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:34:04 AM EDT
[#7]
I have 2 kids (5yr boy and 2yr girl)...I'm in!    

We need to get together to make sure that we all get along and then we can go for it!  

How many kids do you have?  If there aren't too many, can't we just watch them in the waiting room at the NRA range?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 10:46:14 AM EDT
[#8]
Great!  I only have one child, a 4.5 month old boy.  If there weren't too many of us, I'm sure the kids could fit in the waiting room.

Anyone else?
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:13:56 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 1:57:49 PM EDT
[#10]
We have 3- 8yr girl, 4 yr boy, and 3 yr girl.  I'm not sure the NRA range is rated for my youngest 2, they could take out a tank if we aren't watching them for 5-10 seconds.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 8:17:11 PM EDT
[#11]
Brilliant idea...except I'm 4 hours from Fairfax (and I have a 8 month old).  Anyone in SW VA interested in a similar idea, email me.

BTT
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 9:48:08 PM EDT
[#12]
We have a 5 year old boy, an almost 3 year old girl, and an almost 1 year old baby.

We may be interested, I'll run it by my wife.

We live in Potomac Falls (near Great Falls and Herndon).
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top