Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/20/2004 10:02:46 AM EDT
Wholesale hunter seems to think its illegal to sell high caps to virginia and so does taurus.  You guys have got to get on this before everybody gets this misguided info.
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:27:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 12:37:58 PM EDT
[#2]
yea
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 2:57:43 PM EDT
[#3]
I saw the other thread on this topic.  Any idea where the problem originated?  Was it from the cancelled Wholesale Hunter order, a note on the WH or Taurus web site?
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 4:11:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I've squared him away on pre-ban. Ask him again.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 1:41:50 PM EDT
[#5]
here is WH list of restricted  areas

California - 10
Hawaii - 10
Maryland - 20
Massachusetts - We cannot ship handguns or magazines to
New Jersey - 15
New York - 10
Virginia - 15
Cincinnati, Ohio - 15
Cleveland, Ohio - 20
Columbus, Ohio - 20
Toledo, Ohio - 10
Aurora, Illinois - 15
Chicago, Illinois - 12
South Bend, Indiana - 15
Wichita, Kansas - 20

exactly what law limits you guys to 15 rounds???  
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 3:10:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Do you have a link for this info?  Thanks!

Quoted:
here is WH list of restricted  areas

California - 10
Hawaii - 10
Maryland - 20
Massachusetts - We cannot ship handguns or magazines to
New Jersey - 15
New York - 10
Virginia - 15
Cincinnati, Ohio - 15
Cleveland, Ohio - 20
Columbus, Ohio - 20
Toledo, Ohio - 10
Aurora, Illinois - 15
Chicago, Illinois - 12
South Bend, Indiana - 15
Wichita, Kansas - 20

exactly what law limits you guys to 15 rounds???  

Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:16:47 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 5:40:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Someone better tell all those VA gunshops with imported highcaps.  I know 6 offhand that are gonna get sued.  

If they dont want to sell to us we dont want to buy from them.  If they got hungup on the 15 round thing they really dont want to sell to us.  They could have called the VCDL or a gunshop and asked.
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:20:16 PM EDT
[#10]
they have other states messup up too, NY can have preban High Caps but not Postbans
Link Posted: 10/21/2004 6:43:35 PM EDT
[#11]
I just posted a response in the link above.

I spoke with Ms. Lee Powers, the supervisor of the Firearms Transaction Center, and they were quite clear on what the law said, and there is no requirement for a 3rd form of ID when buying an AR, because of the lack of a state level AWB, which was the ONLY refrence for making 20's and 30's illegal in the first place.

I'm going to e-mail this link to VCDL, and see what they can do....

ETA, just e-mailed VCDL. Let's see what happens...
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:54:01 AM EDT
[#12]
Last night I sent them an e-mail to NRA/Legal.
They now have all the info they need.
If they still cant get it --use Natchez or someone who cares!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 6:41:56 AM EDT
[#13]
This must have been a typo.  IIRC Wholesale Hunter is the retail side of CMMG and I've bought a dozen or so 30 rounders from them.  Must be a mistake.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:25:41 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
This must have been a typo.  IIRC Wholesale Hunter is the retail side of CMMG and I've bought a dozen or so 30 rounders from them.  Must be a mistake.

no, if you read through the whole ad they keep on saying they checked with the state police about this matter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 7:36:02 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

no, if you read through the whole ad they keep on saying they checked with the state police about this matter.

It appears that several of their sources are wrong.  Doesn't matter because everyone and their brothers are selling mags now so there is no shortage of sources.  Too bad for Wholesale Hunter.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:36:50 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:47:28 AM EDT
[#17]
What are hi-caps? Do you mean standard capacity magazines? As opposed to reduced capacity mags? We gotta get off this bullshit lingo, same with calling semiautomatic military rifles ASSAULT WEAPONS. It's a BS vocabulary the antis are trying to make the norm.
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 8:50:36 AM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
What are hi-caps? Do you mean standard capacity magazines? As opposed to reduced capacity mags? We gotta get off this bullshit lingo, same with calling semiautomatic military rifles ASSAULT WEAPONS. It's a BS vocabulary the antis are trying to make the norm.

yeah I know, its hard to shake off though
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

AMEN brothter!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 9:37:56 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
It appears that several of their sources are wrong.  Doesn't matter because everyone and their brothers are selling mags now so there is no shortage of sources.  Too bad for Wholesale Hunter.

Agree with you in part, but if they were given incorrect info by the VSP then that source needs to be corrected immediately.  I'm not worried if they decide not to sell in VA just to be on the safe side, but I am worried if VSP or another gov't source is giving incorrect info.

Quoted:

Quoted:

AMEN brothter!

+2
Link Posted: 10/23/2004 4:50:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Wouldn't the 20 round limit, IF you are carrying it on a CCW make it an Assualt Weapon, or something to that effect?

But, that still doesn't preclude them from selling.

Just something I remember.

John
Link Posted: 10/25/2004 10:46:12 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

I spoke with Ms. Lee Powers, the supervisor of the Firearms Transaction Center, and they were quite clear on what the law said, and there is no requirement for a 3rd form of ID when buying an AR, because of the lack of a state level AWB, which was the ONLY refrence for making 20's and 30's illegal in the first place.

Just getting through my email, I saw this in the VCDL Newsletter (from 10/22):

12. VA State Police telling some dealers that 30 round magazines
cannot be sold to citizens

I am not sure who in the State Police has been saying that, but they
apparently don't know that the AWB sunset. If you run into a dealer
who has been told this misinformation, have them contact Donna Tate
in the Virginia State Police's Firearms Transaction Center (Richmond)
and she will set them straight. Her phone number is: 804-674-2210

Link Posted: 10/25/2004 11:19:24 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just getting through my email, I saw this in the VCDL Newsletter (from 10/22):

12. VA State Police telling some dealers that 30 round magazines
cannot be sold to citizens

I am not sure who in the State Police has been saying that, but they
apparently don't know that the AWB sunset. If you run into a dealer
who has been told this misinformation, have them contact Donna Tate
in the Virginia State Police's Firearms Transaction Center (Richmond)
and she will set them straight. Her phone number is: 804-674-2210

yeah but it still doesnt matter that the AWB sunset, 30 rounders were legal before it did.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top