Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 10/4/2004 5:53:42 AM EDT
All the info

OK so who's going ?

Do people want to meet up for lunch again ?

And for the really antsy :

Honored Guest Badges for The Nation's Gun Show are available for $50.00 each. This badge gets you into the show during set-up hours (noon until 8 PM) on Friday, and on Saturday and Sunday prior to the doors opening to the General Public. These badges are NOT available at the door...if you want one you must order and pay for it in advance with a credit card.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:23:29 AM EDT
[#1]
I'll be there on Sunday.  I'm on the hunt for a LE marked AR lower.  I'll also have a project 1911 there for possible trades.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:32:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I'll be there! Just got Paid Baby!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:56:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Will try to make it whether or not the check I am waiting for arrives.  If it comes it will make the show better for me.

I'm up for lunch either day.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:00:37 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm going to be there.

What's the deal on the $50 pass- can you actually buy stuff that early?  Anyone ever buy an early pass to the show?
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:07:38 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'll be there on Sunday.  I'm on the hunt for a LE marked AR lower.  I'll also have a project 1911 there for possible trades.

What brand of 1911?

I'll be there on Sunday for sure, possibly on Saturday afternoon. The wife and I are going to check out houses in West by Gawd Virginia on Saturday morning.

Gonna look for a collapsible stock and flip up rear site
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 8:21:59 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

What brand of 1911?

I'll be there on Sunday for sure, possibly on Saturday afternoon. The wife and I are going to check out houses in West by Gawd Virginia on Saturday morning.

Gonna look for a collapsible stock and flip up rear site

Its an odd project. I got a Caspian frame in a trade several months ago. I bought a complete parts kit from Sportsman's Guide. All the internals were brand new and look great. The barrel is new and throated. The slide however, was a beat to crap Brazilian POS. I put the thing together and wasn't totally happy with it. The slide hung up in an unusual spot. Ya' know that tapered part of the slide just back of the muzzle? It was grabbing the inside surface of the dust cover. Some of the parts also didn't fit just right.

I sent the thing off to AZEX Arms. He installed Novak sights, fit a number of parts and refinished the thing with Gunkote over fresh parkerizing. It looks greats, but there are still two issues I'm not very happy with. The first is that the slide still has a slight catch to it. I suspect it will smooth out with firing and I haven't shot it yet. The other is that the bushing is extremely loose in the slide. The channel that the lug goes into seems to be about double the width it needs to be. I'm not sure that can be fixed.

Other than those two fit issues, it seems to be a great gun. It has a standard grip safety, old style thumb safety, original hammer and A1 style mainspring housing. It should make a great platform for a WWII replica but with good sights. I just don't need it. I have 4 other 1911s, plus my girlfriend has one of her own.

I'll see if I can't turn it into a Glock or Sig 9mm.  I haven't had a 9 for quite a while now.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 9:47:22 AM EDT
[#7]
I'll be there, looking to purchase my first AR
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:19:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I'll be there looking for either a complete 16" w/FH and collapsible stock or parts for one.  My gf will be looking for a nice lightweight, too.  I'll also be at the VCDL table on Sunday.

See you guys there!
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 12:27:26 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
All the info

OK so who's going ?

How about lunch on Sunday at the Mongolian place again at 1pm?  Their very good and love open carry there.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:08:08 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
All the info

OK so who's going ?

How about lunch on Sunday at the Mongolian place again at 1pm?  Their very good and love open carry there.

Sundays are no good for me during football season

Actually alot of stuff I should of got on Saturday was already gone on Sunday.

Link Posted: 10/4/2004 1:21:35 PM EDT
[#11]
i will be there on sat. i want to find a nice AK, either a 47 or a 74.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 2:37:58 PM EDT
[#12]
Can't do Sunday.....
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:18:28 PM EDT
[#13]
Sunday for me unless a very hot place has frost on it.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:30:32 PM EDT
[#14]
count me in for Sunday, got class on Saturday
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 6:52:32 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm planning on Sunday.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:48:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Congrats buddy!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:23:52 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Congrats buddy!

Yeah congrats, but go chrome or go home!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:55:06 AM EDT
[#18]
I'm going Saturday.  I intend to be there when it opens.  Lunch would be great.

Ross
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 8:05:43 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'll be there, looking to purchase my first ARhr

Congrats buddy!

Yeah congrats, but go chrome or go home! hr

Chrome all the wayhints
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 1:04:26 PM EDT
[#20]
well shit, i'll be there on sunday before I start my shift. Gonna find me some hip cap glock mags and maybe some AR barrels for my MGI CQB upper.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 2:46:22 PM EDT
[#21]
I'll be there both days.  Saturday most of the day with a couple of friends from work and sunday morning with Hank_Rearden1.  I'm looking to pick  up a couple things and I'm not sure if I can get that much better of a price online so I'll pose it to the group here.

I need a:

Completed lower, dont really care what brand as long as its not century or hesse
handguard changing tool
parts kit for a stripped lower
a couple buffers
a collapsable stock
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#22]
I'm going to be there first thing Saturday morning.  I'll be picking up three lowers from another board member, so I'll need some uppers and who knows what else!  I've not been to a Nations Show, so what really worries me is if prices will be fair considering the AWB is now dead.
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:25:05 PM EDT
[#23]
so does anyone know if it's going to be bigger than the last one? i heard that this time around they are going to have 1200-1500 tables.....i reckon i will have to wait till sat to find out!
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 5:31:49 PM EDT
[#24]
I heard a radio advert saying it was 1100 tables.....
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:37:39 PM EDT
[#25]
ya know, they reallly need to get a better webmaster. that page looks like ass.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#26]
It will be larger.  Someone just said 1100 from a radio ad...I heard 1200.  Probably somewhere in between.

It will be in the larger hall this time, not the same room as July's show.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 11:49:53 AM EDT
[#27]
They ought to open both rooms.  Guns in that there one...  ammo in that one over there.  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:03:34 PM EDT
[#28]
I am going early on saturday morning. I will try and report back here around 11am or so.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:32:23 PM EDT
[#29]
I thought i heard on the radio a reference to 1 dollar off coupons. Anybody has a linky?? Cand E website appears to be down.

DD
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:39:12 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
I thought i heard on the radio a reference to 1 dollar off coupons. Anybody has a linky?? Cand E website appears to be down.

If you're on their mailing list then you should have gotten one in the mail.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 12:45:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Go to this link and you can print a coupon.

www.cegunshows.com/coupon.htm
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 2:29:55 PM EDT
[#32]
There's another coupon at:

www.thenationsgunshow.com/spcoupon.htm
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 5:21:33 PM EDT
[#33]
I'll be there sometime saturday. Gonna buy me an AR and lots of mags and ammo. Won't meet up for lunch, though. It's okay, you won't miss much, I'm not very social with adults.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:07:35 PM EDT
[#34]
What is the tax at the show, if there is any?hinking.gif
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:25:37 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 6:27:28 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
5% Virginia Sales tax.....

Quoted:
What is the tax at the show, if there is any?hinking.gif

ahh,  thanks...be seeing you there
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 7:57:26 PM EDT
[#37]
So anyone going to be there for lunch on Saturday?  
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 10:17:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Gonna be there at 9am and have to go to work from there. Maybe stay untill noon. I'm in a buying mood, hope to see some nice stuff.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 6:27:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Yeah, that reminds me, WTF did they increase the sales tax for?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 10:42:47 AM EDT
[#40]
I just got back and it was frustrating.  I was looking for new 12-shot Sig P229 .40cal mags - just like at some other shows, I founds several dealers with "New" Sig mags that were obviously used - could have been LE turn-ins.  I was looking for some complete uppers also.  Found two dealers selling "FN" uppers. I asked how they could be FN since they do not release any parts and then it became "FN" suppliers.  I came back later and spoke to another employee to find they were now "military contract" uppers.  

Rest of the show was a good mix of all the stuff we like to look at - several large parts dealers and some good deals if you were willing to look hard.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:13:35 AM EDT
[#41]
I thought this one was better than the 1st show. Less people which is good if your shopping and bad if your selling.  

Bought 3k worth of Yugo 8mm from Ammunition store.  It was great seeing them here and I didn't have to pay shipping from Ohio.  I'm sure they are at Knob this weekend too so it is nice to see them at 2 places @ once.  

Picked up an AMD-63 kit for the AK build at the end of this month.  A little more expensive then Tapco but Tapco had the AMD-65 and they don't have any more listed on their site.   I still need the receiver and I'll get that from Tapco next week.  Oh, 145 for the kit.

Saw NEW LEO AR15/M16 mags at 16.00 each (not bad)  Saw HKMP5 curved mags for 40 dollars which is what POF sells them for.  Saw a few beatup MP5 mags for 75.00

Saw some AR15 M4 clones for 770 to about 900.  Didn't look at them closely but that not a bad price.

Was going to pickup a Brownells receiver action block but they wanted more than what I can buy it at Brownells and shipping.

I looked everywhere for a M11 magazine loader with no luck.  Guess I'll have to buy one off the internet.

Everyone like the sign in the back advertizing CLIPS.  Guess it is cheaper to make a large sign saying clips instead of MAGAZINES.

Thumbs up for me.

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 11:59:12 AM EDT
[#42]
Went to the show today. Decent selection of ARs.  I bought another AR-15. Got the CAV-15 MKII stripped lower from Quantico Arms and the J & T Distributing 16"A2 Tactical Lightweight Upper from J&T.

Going back tomorrow to get the parts kit for the lower and depending on how much I make tonight, I'll get the Bolt/Carrier and Charging handle. This fucker is gonna be super lite and cheap.Should total around $600 when done.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 12:01:14 PM EDT
[#43]

Quoted:

Everyone like the sign in the back advertizing CLIPS.  Guess it is cheaper to make a large sign saying clips instead of MAGAZINES.

Yeah, I saw that and was like WTF? Got some AK mags from them anyway.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:04:29 PM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:

So we doing lunch or no folks?  The wife is coming even though she isn't gonna eat.  She doesn't like "chinese".

Got to get in the show and get some more ADI 308 ammo.  Anybody see any?  The stuff in the 5 round blister packs/ 160 rnds a box?  Remember the price?

Thanks in advance
Joe

ETA - uh-oh look at post count.  9X19 will be there.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 1:59:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Hey Joe, count me in, how much does an average lunch run there?
I'll be out there around 930-10ish.
Anybody see any of the new Phantom Flash suppressors out there?? If so, how much were they runnin for?
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 2:15:04 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:

Quoted:

So we doing lunch or no folks?  The wife is coming even though she isn't gonna eat.  She doesn't like "chinese".

Got to get in the show and get some more ADI 308 ammo.  Anybody see any?  The stuff in the 5 round blister packs/ 160 rnds a box?  Remember the price?

Thanks in advance
Joe

I saw 308 like that and I'm not sure of the brand.  Might have been 200 round battlepacks.  I belive it was around 170 a k.  Bit much I belive.

Also saw Q3131a for 179 a thousand.  
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance
Joe

Yes, lunch is still a green light

And call me when you get to the show on my cell phone so we can hook up with gotm4 and 9x19

Link Posted: 10/9/2004 4:42:58 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Thanks in advance
Joe

I saw 308 like that and I'm not sure of the brand.  Might have been 200 round battlepacks.  I belive it was around 170 a k.  Bit much I belive.

Also saw Q3131a for 179 a thousand.  

Way too much money, we could order it and have it shipped for 15.00 less per 1k and no sales tax.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:14:11 PM EDT
[#49]
I didnt make it, but a buddy picked up a Phantom for me. I replaced that dumb ass AK brake on my 14.5" Predator upper, it looks great.
Link Posted: 10/9/2004 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#50]
We're meeting for lunch at 1pm at the NVCL table.  Lunch is right at $10.00
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top