+1 for the  sheriff of Frederick Co. Va!  Uh make that +4
Sheriff Robert t. Williamson
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:43:25 AM EDT
[#2]
Loudoun County is A-OK for signoffs.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:03:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Here's my understanding:

Powhatan County will bring the forms to your house to you when they're done and apologize for taking so long.  

Chesterfield County - my understanding is that they will sign.  I've heard discussion about them being funny about suppressors, but will sign.  

Goochland - Sheriff will not sign.  Looking for info about other people who may sign, as a few members are working on it.  Sheriff is a nice guy in all other respects, apparently - just "will not get involved" with NFA.

Richmond city - Chief of Police will not sign (actively campaigns for AWB - he needs to go!)

I think anywhere else around Richmond area will sign - only exceptions are Richmond City and Goochland from what I understand.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:10:22 AM EDT
[#4]
Fairfax county is a go.
Stan Barry.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:17:39 AM EDT
[#5]
The current Sheriff in Chesterfield, Sheriff Clarence G. Williams, Jr. will provide CLEO certification for NFA transfer including suppressors.  He is a HUGE supportor of your second amendment rights.  If you need a CLEO certification and it's your first one, I suggest you call his secretaries office at 804-748-1261 and make an appointment for a face to face.  After that you can just drop off the forms and they will either mail them back to you or you can pick them up.  If the Sheriff is in the office he will usually see you and sign the forms on the spot.

That said, Sheriff Williams will not be running for re-election when his term expires.  He is truely one of the most respected men in Chesterfield County government, I fully support him whenever.  I've spoken to him on support for a candidate that will follow in his footsteps and will provide updates as I can.

Call or email if any questions.

Steve.
Hallmark Small Arms
804-986-7409
[email protected]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the clarification, Steve.  I talked to someone a while back who said he wasn't excited about signing a suppressor for your first stamp or something odd like that.  Sounds like those in Chesterfield better get what they want while the getting's good!  Chesterfield is definitely capable of electing someone like the Sheriff in Goochland....
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 9:54:53 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:24:55 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fairfax county is a go.
Stan Barry.

Stan Barry is the Sheriff.  The person to whom you submit the forms is LT. James Tracy, Internal Affairs.

They are good to go.

FWIW, SBR Form 1 submitted to the office on 9/16.  According to the LT. it is in the mail as of Sunday, September 26th.......

Boobs!

Go there and read my posts.  How did you file?  Have you called him yet?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:31:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#10]
I do not have personal confirmation on NFA, but have been advised.

Hanover County is A-OK. The sheriff may ask to come shooting with you.

Henrico county is questionable.

Anyone know about Chesapeake?
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:42:46 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Fairfax county is a go.
Stan Barry.

Stan Barry is the Sheriff.  The person to whom you submit the forms is LT. James Tracy, Internal Affairs.

They are good to go.

FWIW, SBR Form 1 submitted to the office on 9/16.  According to the LT. it is in the mail as of Sunday, September 26th.......

Boobs!

Go there and read my posts.  How did you file?  Have you called him yet?

Form 1 - Creating an SBR, as individual.....

Didn't call him, I got my update via ESP and clairvoyance.........

Dont you use that mind magic on me.  Did he interoffice mail it to be mailed out by a receptionist or did he usmail it to you?  Thier office mail is run by prisoners or something.  It takes over a week sometimes to get from point A to B.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 7:44:17 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 2:03:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Don't have first hand info, but my understanding is that Henrico will not sign off.

I'm pretty sure if you hear something from numerous people it's true .... ? heh
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 11:40:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Anybody know about the City of Alexandria?  I have a feeling I'm SOL.
Scott
Link Posted: 9/30/2004 6:39:09 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
Anybody know about the City of Alexandria?  I have a feeling I'm SOL.
Scott

I think you're a go.  If I remember right arlington county will even sign off but they send someone to you house to see your gun safe.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:27:01 AM EDT
[#16]

I've been told that Henrico County was a no-go.  Is there any difinitive answer on that?
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 7:54:01 AM EDT
[#17]
Not sure about the county as a whole, but I'd guess Mongomery County will sign (SW VA, contains Blacksburg and Christiansburg).  Specifically, Cheif Brown of Blacksburg will sign.  Make an appointment, show up, sit down, he signs them, shakes your hand, you leave.  Apparently you can leave them there, but he prefers a face to face for at least the first one.  From what I know, he likes to sign them, but he keeps a Xerox of at least one F4 so he knows who in the area has something.  Its a big folder I'd guess and I don't think it goes anywhere except into a drawer.  I don't know the legality of that (without the tax stamp, it was just  a form with a signature at that point), but I wasn't going to look a gift horse in the mouth when he was willing to sign.  Besides, I changed addresses later...

I had both F4s for my silencers signed in less than 10 minutes and that included a short chat about how/why the Blacksburg Police converted to GLOCK .40s.

From what I understand from a guy at the Roanoke RPC USPSA matches, the Roanoke CLEO will not sign an F4, but you can take it up the line to a  prosecutor (Comonwealth's Attorney?) who will  sign (it took him only a couple weeks to go from non-signing CLEO to signed F4 for his NFA toy).

--Jeff Chock
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 2:39:38 PM EDT
[#18]
I live in Frederick County. Went down this AM to see if the Sheriff would sign off on a request to manufacture a gun (SBR). The receptionist said he was out. She said I could leave the paperwork with her and she'd call me after it was approved. Low and behold, I got the call 1 hour and 20 minutes later. All the documentation will ship out to the ATF tomorrow.

Last time was even quicker as the forms were signed while I waited. I don't want to leave anyone the impression that they are not performing due diligence. They run a background check while you are there. The Sheriff just believes it's not up to him to deny law abiding citizens their second amendment rights.

Bomber

PS Sheriff Williamson for Govenor.....has a nice ring to it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 4:17:40 PM EDT
[#19]
anyone know about prince William county
Link Posted: 10/1/2004 10:08:46 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I live in Frederick County. Went down this AM to see if the Sheriff would sign off on a request to manufacture a gun (SBR). The receptionist said he was out. She said I could leave the paperwork with her and she'd call me after it was approved. Low and behold, I got the call 1 hour and 20 minutes later. All the documentation will ship out to the ATF tomorrow.

Last time was even quicker as the forms were signed while I waited. I don't want to leave anyone the impression that they are not performing due diligence. They run a background check while you are there. The Sheriff just believes it's not up to him to deny law abiding citizens their second amendment rights.

Bomber

PS Sheriff Williamson for Govenor.....has a nice ring to it.

Isnt it grand Bomber?  Ive heard that Winchester City wont even sign off for thier own department guys, But now that they dont have a Chief things may have changed..Udog
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 7:25:43 AM EDT
[#21]
From what I have heard Virginia beach is good to go.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 6:50:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Someone send me the money and the goods and I'll find out about Wise Co.
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 4:34:20 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Anyone know about Chesapeake?

From what I remember, neither the CoP or the Sheriff will sign for Chesapeake. I've heard the Commonwealth's Attorney will, but I've not had a customer bring me a completed form.

City of VB signs.

Since my personal stuff is in a Corp; I'm not all that worried about it.

TR
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 7:16:50 PM EDT
[#24]
I don't get it.  I'm the one in Roanoke City.  I posted my results yesterday, and today they're gone...what gives??  BTW, I had to basically harrass the CA to get a signature.

toast
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 3:49:47 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:43:44 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
anyone know about prince William countyhr

It used to be that Sheriff Stoffregen signed them.  I talked to Corey Stuart during the campaign about how Stoffregen signed F4s but I didn't know about the GOP candidate, Glendell Hill that opposed him (and unseated him).  If you can find his number, Doug Stockman an SOT near Frederiksburg should know.  Doug handled my transfers and was the one who told me Stoffregen signed.  Or you can call the Sheriff's office direct:  703-792-6070

--Jeff Chock
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 1:46:33 PM EDT
[#27]
re- Alexandria - I got  a letter back from Chief Samarra noting that "as you are aware, Federal law provides for..." (FA/Suppressors/SBR) "but it has been my long-standing policy not to sign" - so we are both SOL for now.

B
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 8:04:43 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
re- Alexandria - I got  a letter back from Chief Samarra noting that "as you are aware, Federal law provides for..." (FA/Suppressors/SBR) "but it has been my long-standing policy not to sign" - so we are both SOL for now.

B

Up the Chain my repressed brother!, UP THE CHAIN!
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 11:29:18 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
anyone know about prince William county

It used to be that Sheriff Stoffregen signed them.  I talked to Corey Stuart during the campaign about how Stoffregen signed F4s but I didn't know about the GOP candidate, Glendell Hill that opposed him (and unseated him).  If you can find his number, Doug Stockman an SOT near Frederiksburg should know.  Doug handled my transfers and was the one who told me Stoffregen signed.  Or you can call the Sheriff's office direct:  703-792-6070

--Jeff Chock

I spoke with Glendell Hill about 2 months ago. He informed me on the phone that he will sign. He said he had a very lenghty discussion with someone about what he is actually signing. I am getting a form 1 signed off next week and I'll post my results. He informed me that PWC will do a background check on you locally then he will sign off.

Sentineldfa
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 3:01:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Does anyone know if the Fluvanna County sheriff signs?
Link Posted: 10/7/2004 6:24:06 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:48:29 AM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

B

Sounds to me like it's time to incorporate... or move.
Link Posted: 10/10/2004 8:28:05 PM EDT
[#33]
Has or can anyone list class three dealers in this thread.  I live in Fairfax on the Loudon border by Dulles (Herndon).  I'm thinking about doing a SBR project, and wouldn't mind picking a class-III dealers brain a little.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top