Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2004 9:49:15 PM EDT
Will an EoTech co-witness with A-2 Iron sights if it is mounted directly to a quad rail set up like a YHM or First Samco or will it require a goose neck that attaches to the carry handle and delta ring to boost it up high enough to line up Just didnt want to but a whole bunch of useless stuff if I didnt have to.

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:15:30 PM EDT
[#1]
It will co-witness as long as the top rail on the railed handguard is even with the rail on a flat top upper.  I don't own one, but I believe YHM's are even with the flat top.
Link Posted: 9/26/2004 10:23:40 PM EDT
[#2]
Ok I have a carry handle A-2 style AR i am not quite getting what you are saying then again it is 2:30 in the morning.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 4:03:54 AM EDT
[#3]
If the mount for the EoTech is mounting the Eotech at the same hieght as the railed YHM tubes or handgaurd then yes it should.  YHM railed handgaurds are the same height as the flat top recievers which will cowitness.  You can even be a little higher and still cowitness, you'll just see a little less of the front sight base.

Bad thing about the YHM handguard is that they move a little though.  At least the bottom one does.  The tops 'pretty' solid.  If I were mounting a Eotech on the handguards I'd use either the Surefire ones, or the floated Daniel Defense or KAC ones.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:46:04 AM EDT
[#4]
Anyone have any luck with the First-Samco ones ?
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#5]
I don't have one, but I would imagine that the Samco handguards would be even more unstable than the YHM as an optic platform.  Not only are they not free-floated (they use the standard delta ring and handguard cap), but they are plastic which would be more prone to flexing.  Between the two, I'd go with YHM.
Link Posted: 9/27/2004 11:31:22 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
If I were mounting a Eotech on the handguards I'd use either the Surefire ones, or the floated Daniel Defense or KAC ones.

Are the Surefire ones free-floated?

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
If I were mounting a Eotech on the handguards I'd use either the Surefire ones, or the floated Daniel Defense or KAC ones.

The Surefire M73 is not a free-floating type.

Check out this review of the Surefire M73 with pictures showing how it mounts: tnrdgrnr.com/reviews/M73.htm

Steve.

Link Posted: 9/27/2004 1:27:11 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

No but they're pretty rigid, since you tighten down the two allens screws in the front they aren't just held in there by weld spring pressure like YHM handguards or First Samco ones.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top