Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/16/2004 6:51:59 PM EDT
Hampton Gun Show this weekend...

I haven't been to a Hampton show in a while - I've been frequenting the Richmond shows more.  How have the last few Hampton shows been, say, compared to the Richmond shows?

I'll try to make the show (Saturday prolly), but it depends what our family is doing for my dad's birthday this weekend.

Anyone been talking about meeting for lunch or anything?

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 1:20:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm going to get a good laugh.  It should be enjoyable to hear all the post-ban/no-ban gunshow B.S. that gets tossed around.  I also need a few rounds of 7.5x55 and a couple odds and ends, and it's close, so I'm going.  I've heard a few others are going, so lunch would be fun as well.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:36:50 PM EDT
[#2]
I'll be going on Sunday.  I have to work Sat.  Ross don't buy all the good stuff.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:08:57 PM EDT
[#3]
Wish I could go but I've got the damn reserve's thing. Let me know how prices are guys. I'm thinking AR10 M4gery. ??? what do you guys think?
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:05:15 PM EDT
[#4]

Okay, I expect to be there Saturday morning.

I'll wear my ugly blue and white Hawaiian shirt so y'all can spot me.  I'll probably be wearing a tan "Boeing Phantomworks" ball cap and navy blue backpack too.  

Be sure to say HI and introduce yourself.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:38:33 PM EDT
[#5]
I won't make it guys but have fun and reply back with a post-show report
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 4:35:19 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I'll be going on Sunday.  I have to work Sat.  Ross don't buy all the good stuff.

I won't.  I'm spending most of my free cash on the .22LR suppressor.

I'll wear my ugly blue and white Hawaiian shirt so y'all can spot me. I'll probably be wearing a tan "Boeing Phantomworks" ball cap and navy blue backpack too.

DrMark-I have no idea what I'll be wearing but it sounds like I should be able to spot you if we're there at the same time.  I'll probably get there around 1100.  

Ross
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:24:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Picked up a sling, a hi cap for the glock, and a rubber band gun for the kid!
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:40:08 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm going to try and stop by Sunday morning on my way home from work.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:10:02 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

I don't think it opens until10am or even noon.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 10:37:15 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Damn, I will be passing through around 8:15-8:30 AM.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 1:39:48 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

You won't really be missing too much.  There were the usual suspects, but no great deals out there.  many dealers are trying to get rid of their stock of mags, etc and they're obviously too invested in them.  There were no AR parts whatsoever.  None, zip, nada.  A couple of beat up pistol grips and that was it.  AR mags were going fairly cheap, and there seems to be a niche market growing up around "LEO" marked stuff for the novelty factor.  

I really didn't expect to see too much in the way of mags, as they haven't had time to stock up, but there were some mags out there.  Decent prices on M14 mags, and various other items.  

I think the Richmond show will be great.  By the middle of October, the dealers will have enough time to stock up on all the no-ban stuff, and the market itself will have mellowed out and found it's own level by then.  Richmond's going to be one to not miss.

I missed DrMark, but I ran into Subzero, so it wasn't a total loss.  I think he enjoyed my fruitless search for revolver holsters.

Ross
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:13:57 PM EDT
[#12]
What's the hours Sunday? If I get out of work early enough I'll stop by on the way home.
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 3:46:50 PM EDT
[#13]
10-4
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 5:21:01 PM EDT
[#14]
Va_Dinger, Quantico Arms had a TA31 at their table. It could be yours for the low low price of 1100. I offered them my kidney, but it was a no-go,
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:14:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
You won't really be missing too much.  There were the usual suspects, but no great deals out there.  many dealers are trying to get rid of their stock of mags, etc and they're obviously too invested in them.  There were no AR parts whatsoever.  None, zip, nada.  A couple of beat up pistol grips and that was it.  AR mags were going fairly cheap, and there seems to be a niche market growing up around "LEO" marked stuff for the novelty factor.  

Good summary.  

I did see a stripped Rock River lower at Dark Sun's table for maybe $125, and I think they had one completed lower (maybe also a Rock River).  Quantico arms had some collapsible stocks and some accessories, but the pickins were slim.  

Sorry I missed you guys!  I'm looking forward to the October Richmond show - I'll try to get it priority status on our family calendar!

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 6:56:44 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I really didn't expect to see too much in the way of mags, as they haven't had time to stock up, but there were some mags out there.  Decent prices on M14 mags, and various other items.  

I think the Richmond show will be great.  By the middle of October, the dealers will have enough time to stock up on all the no-ban stuff, and the market itself will have mellowed out and found it's own level by then.  Richmond's going to be one to not miss.

I missed DrMark, but I ran into Subzero, so it wasn't a total loss.  I think he enjoyed my fruitless search for revolver holsters.

Ross

10-4, and thanks for heads up.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:27:28 PM EDT
[#17]
It was Airsoft city.
There were more toy ARs than real ones, and no parts to speak of.

Maybe next time.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 7:08:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Poor show overall. As mentioned earlier way too much airsoft stuff on the floor and too many non-gun related tables IMO.

The dealers with guns seemed to be doing quite a bit of business based on the buzz at their tables.

Did not see much in the way of decent magazines.

I hope the dealers still wanting $1200 for the 94 ban type rifles choke on them. I hope some unsuspecting fool doesn't buy one by mistake.
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 7:57:05 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:10:44 PM EDT
[#20]
I thought I felt a distrubance in the force. I can't believe I totally missed the gunshow and any advertisements.
My instincts told me there was a gunshow last weekend, but blew them off.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I thought I felt a distrubance in the force. I can't believe I totally missed the gunshow and any advertisements.

Never do that again!

Unfortunately I was in IL squirrel hunting the same weekend of the show. There'll be more shows though.
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 7:36:31 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Never do that again!

Unfortunately I was in IL squirrel hunting the same weekend of the show. There'll be more shows though.

Did you drive to IL to hunt squirrels?!?  

I hope you filled your stew pot!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top