Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:06:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 7:17:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:01:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:23:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Sorry to hear that, I only had the chance to attend the 2nd BRD and it was damn fun.  Hopefully we can find another place to host it.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:36:40 AM EDT
[#5]
First, let's just take a moment to recognize Anthony for everything he has done for the sport organizing the BRD's over the last few years.  He has done what others would never be capable of accomplishing.

I'm positive that if you Anthony, keep your chin up and head held high being proud of your past accomplishments, opportunities will present themselves to continue the Virginia Black Rifle Day at another venue.

Thank you.

Steve & Alexandra
Hallmark Small Arms
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 9:12:33 AM EDT
[#6]
I'm sorry to hear this.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Anthony
It is we who should be thanking you.
I know how much trouble it it to put on a event.  I cant tell you how upset I was/am.
I am glad you are still a member there but I am sure the taint will linger for sometime. Once again I offer whatever I can do to help.

Link Posted: 9/17/2004 2:32:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:17:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Glad you got to keep your membership. Sorry that this went down the way it did. Let me know if i can help with anything
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:24:25 PM EDT
[#10]
Anthony, you did a fine job with BRD this year!

Irregardless of circumstances, I hope you remain in good standing with Arrowhead.

Thanks for the opportunity to visit and mingle with other members.

You are #1 rated in my book.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 3:48:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:00:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Anthony,

Thank you so much for all of your effort in organizing and running the mile for us, unfortunately many have to endure for the imprudence of one.

Thank you Sir and any assistance I can provide in future plans, please advise.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:01:01 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
Thanks to everyone for the support. I know I'll get past this, I've been through tougher times.

Hopefully I'll have found a place by next spring to put something on. We'll definitely have to try to still get together whenever we can. One of the things I really enjoyed about the BRD, was that so many people from the board were able to meet face to face. I mean the shooting was always fun, but getting to meet everyone has definitely been the best part.

Thanks again!

An AR15.com SKEET SHOOT and BBQ Fundraiser at Arrowhead until we find a new home.Another way for us to bullshit and shoot
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 4:04:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Anthony,

Thank you so much for all of your effort in organizing and running the mile for us, unfortunately many have to endure for the imprudence of one.

Thank you Sir and any assistance I can provide in future plans, please advise.

Same here!

Anthony, I was waiting for the drawing before I paid for the VCDL Membership...in case you were wondering. I had a little cash left. I think Grant knew that.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:09:19 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
An AR15.com SKEET SHOOT and BBQ Fundraiser at Arrowhead until we find a new home.Another way for us to bullshit and shoot

I nominate reloading guru Long-Rifle-Tactical to load some .223 shotshells so we can shoot skeet with the ARs!  
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:14:30 PM EDT
[#16]
BRD...thats  a shooting  range i guess? lol i missed any of that incident lol
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:36:33 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
BRD...thats  a shooting  range i guess? lol i missed any of that incident lol

BRD stands for Black Rifle Day and it was our semi-annual get together here in Virginia.  However, it was open to everyone and arfcom members came from NC, NJ, MD & PA to join in the fun.
Link Posted: 9/17/2004 5:39:50 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I nominate reloading guru Long-Rifle-Tactical to load some .223 shotshells so we can shoot skeet with the ARs!  

5.56 Flechette rounds

<EVIL>Moooooaahhhahahhah<EVIL>
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 7:11:34 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Anthony,

+1
Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:00:19 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

some new range rules were put in place that have not only killed the BRD, but the pistol competitions that we had as well.

Well I guess it's time to make the drive back to CRPC? I loved being able to shoot so close to home at Arrowhead.

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 8:00:52 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
No excommunications?  Your's and Al's memberships intact?

Hey Dude ,THANKS

With all the friends I have meet here the salt goes down a little easier.

Guess it road trip time. You guys came here, time for me to start expanding my horizons, besides skeet shooting venues.

Although anytime, anywhere if I can get away, we can meet up and shoot skeet trap or the Fun stuff.

My one comment on the meeting, We were doomed befor it ever started. I am devastated by the out come, but accept all that was passed down.

To all and everyone, I loved the BRD. I will do all I can to help, aid and assist to make sure it      lives on.  

Link Posted: 9/18/2004 9:39:20 AM EDT
[#22]
Sad news.
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 6:29:12 AM EDT
[#23]
As a first timer at the BRD I was amazed by how well the event was organized. I had a wonderful time, both at the shooting events and during the times when it was just an opportunity to talk face to face about our common interests.

99.99% exceptional activity
00.01% not so good
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:34:03 PM EDT
[#24]
I'm really sorry to hear it, Anythony & Al.  I think you and all the rest of the team did a great job running these events, and I'm sorry to hear you've found trouble for it.

While I understand we shouldn't discuss the incident, I see some stating the negligence of one ruined it for all of us.  Let's not assume, guys - I'm not convinced it was one of us, and I'll leave it at that.  

My wife and I are looking for a few to several hundred acres in the Roanoke area in late '05.  If we're able to swing it, I'm sure we can host something there if nobody's come up with anything before then.  In the meantime - Anthony and team, thanks for hosting these as long as you did.  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 2:55:31 PM EDT
[#25]
I'm working with a friend who just brought a place (almost 400 acres) near Waynesboro off I64 right now regarding a event for all of us. He currently joined the site under the username of Foxtrot22.  At this point it seems promising. If it happens it will require several weekend volunteer workdays to get up to snuff.

No Promises, just got a feeler out.

BRD, I did not fire a shot. Got to work with L-R-T and Shivan on a AR-10 modification that went well. I was waiting for the night barrage to exhibit handloaded extreme muzzle flash from my Post-Ban carbine.

BTW, I won a VCDL Membership that I was gonna buy anyway.

It was very good meeting new friends and seeing some I met previously.

Hope to see you all again, you are most welcome here.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 3:45:32 PM EDT
[#26]
It would be nice to have a Mini-Blackwater facility/Range run by Arfcommers for our own purpose as well host sanctioned and unsanctioned events (IDPA) to help pay for ownership.
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:56:26 AM EDT
[#27]
I have a Deuce and 'a half truck, chainsaw and a small backhoe that I can contribute to the effort.  The Deuce can haul almost anything we can think of (including trees) and the backhoe can make about a 6' berm without too much trouble.  Let us know!!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 9/20/2004 4:43:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Danny I can run most heavy equiptment and would run it for him just to help out.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 12:36:25 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Danny I can run most heavy equiptment and would run it for him just to help out.

Cool! I'm going to a meeting tonight regarding zoning and how it will affect shooting and hunt clubs in this county.

A rep. from the NRA along with 2 tv stations are supposed to be there. There is a big stink that just popped up here and I want to get the skinny before I comment any further. It revolves around a old law on the books about people gathering and shooting. This may shut down turkey shoots and the likes around here which Fire and Rescue services use for fundrasiers.

More to come.

Just found this out last night.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 3:54:52 PM EDT
[#30]

Glad you keep your membership to your local club.  

Link Posted: 9/21/2004 4:21:12 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Cool! I'm going to a meeting tonight regarding zoning and how it will affect shooting and hunt clubs in this county.

A rep. from the NRA along with 2 tv stations are supposed to be there. There is a big stink that just popped up here and I want to get the skinny before I comment any further. It revolves around a old law on the books about people gathering and shooting. This may shut down turkey shoots and the likes around here which Fire and Rescue services use for fundrasiers.

More to come.

Just found this out last night.

Danny

Keep me advised, I could contact a few people at the NRA for you.
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:36:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Just back from the planning commission/board of stupidvisors meeting.

The proposed new ordinances would require hunt clubs to obtain permits and lots of other restrictions on landowners in Nelson County. A story will likely be posted tonight or tomorrow on News 13 and I'll post a link here.

The guy from the NRA had 3 minutes to speak to the Board. I guess the Board heard him cauze I couldn't, the sound system sucked. He was talking to them and banging his hand on the stand the whole 3 minutes. To us, sounds like the NRA is not going to stand by and watch anyones 2 nd amendment rights get trampled on no matter who is doing the trampling.

Our county gobment claims they are trying to keep us from becoming Northern Va. The implants from who knows where want to keep us simple. Just about everyone that lives in Nelson works in either Charlottesville, Waynesboro or Lynchburg. We are just a bedroom county.

The proposals on land use and rezoning are a whopping 400+ pages.

More to come.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/21/2004 5:39:17 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Me no belong to local club, at least not a hunt club.

Dues are outrageous. Me hunt on land owned by my family, with a spear.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 3:14:50 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:25:47 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Me no belong to local club, at least not a hunt club.

Dues are outrageous. Me hunt on land owned by my family, with a spear.

Danny

Me thinks he was talking to VA-Gunnut and lonewolf

Me sorry for confusion. Please forgive.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 1:30:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link about meeting last night.

Not alot of info. I know both Bibb and Slaughter well.

Danny
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:19:09 AM EDT
[#37]
how about using the hite hollow range??jason
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#38]
Hite Hollow has a good backstop, but is prone to fires (no tracers or incendiary) and has a fairly short firing line. Still, better than nothing, and it avoids the entanglements of ranges near habitable areas. So long as everyone keeps their feed trays up,their belts out and avoids cookoffs after cease fire, it's a wonderful idea.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top