Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2004 11:10:06 AM EDT
So, I'm trying to find a CAR-type AR-15, M4-style better, but certainly more expensive... I haven't had much luck getting even close to an offer made to me $700 plus shipping for new CAR-type (Bushmaster, LEO Patrolman's Carbine) with 2 mags. Problem? That guy is in AZ, so I need to get it transfered via FFL, which Loudon Guns says they'll do, but I don't know how much.

Getting an EA receiver from Quantico Arms and a kit isn't an option, either, unfortunately... parents say it has to be a complete rifle, because they don't want me assembling the lower (even if I bought an assembled upper).

So what I'm thinking is getting Loudon to order one from AIM Surplus. Any of you guys know of a comparable offer? What does Loudon charge to do a transfer? Any other places around NoVA that'll do it? Preferably places that you know will deal with AIM, so they have the FFL on file.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:12:44 PM EDT
[#1]
There's a gun show in Chantilly next month...
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Hmmm. True. Anybody know the date of the next Bealeton show, by the way?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 12:45:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Transfer it through Bernie at VA Arms for 20 bucks. He just confirmed via email that he will transfer an LE marked carbine for me.
DD
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 1:31:17 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are in Western Loudoun..  you might want to take a trip to Stonewall Arms in Winchester..  The owner is cool and doesn't mind talking...  His prices are good and while he is a small shop, he does have some nice stuff..  If you are in Eastern Loudoun, go to VA Arms.

If you want to sneak a build, let me know I can help you...  your parents will never know....  besides it really is much cheaper...  my last RRA build ran me $576, complete...

FMO
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:39:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I know how much cheaper it is... I price an RRA build at a rather comparatively high $618, but then that is with a pre-completed upper... but as they'd be buying, and want to buy from a well-known company, they really get the choice. Hey, not my money, and it's a Bushie.

Probably getting the M4A2 from AIM, bought through VA Arms.

I'm not in Loudon, BTW, I'm central Fairfax (just outside Fairfax City, around Burke)
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:00:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Transferers, just FYI:

http://www.gunsamerica.com/transfer.cgi
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:24:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Bealeton Virginia: Virginia Gun Collectors Assoc. - Hugo's Show Place - Sept 25-26 2004 703-866-7090.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:01:12 AM EDT
[#8]
There is a guy in the equipment exchange right now selling a 16inch A2 for $600, for that price you could replace the stock and have some money to spare.....

shooter

Link Posted: 9/15/2004 8:16:34 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So, I'm trying to find a CAR-type AR-15, M4-style better, but certainly more expensive... I haven't had much luck getting even close to an offer made to me $700 plus shipping for new CAR-type (Bushmaster, LEO Patrolman's Carbine) with 2 mags. Problem? That guy is in AZ, so I need to get it transfered via FFL, which Loudon Guns says they'll do, but I don't know how much.

Getting an EA receiver from Quantico Arms and a kit isn't an option, either, unfortunately... parents say it has to be a complete rifle, because they don't want me assembling the lower (even if I bought an assembled upper).

So what I'm thinking is getting Loudon to order one from AIM Surplus. Any of you guys know of a comparable offer? What does Loudon charge to do a transfer? Any other places around NoVA that'll do it? Preferably places that you know will deal with AIM, so they have the FFL on file.

FORGET LOUDOUN GUNS!  Unless you have too much money.  Call Bernie at Virginia Arms in Manassas and talk to him.  It'll cost you 20-25 Bucks Max to do a transfer.
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 9:26:14 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
FORGET LOUDOUN GUNS!  Unless you have too much money.  Call Bernie at Virginia Arms in Manassas and talk to him.  It'll cost you 20-25 Bucks Max to do a transfer.

+1 for W-W's statement.

Loudoun Guns can lick sack, as far as I'm concerned. They wanted $45 to do a transfer, when I
first talked to them about doing a transfer, then when I told him that I was getting an AR receiver
sent from Pete at Legal Transfers, he was like, "Oh, well, we sell lowers here. We won't do a
transfer on one. Why don't you buy one from us?"
Because dumbass, you don't have what I want. Fair enough?

I'll take an extra couple of minutes on my way home and swing by VA Arms, and give my business
to somebody who appreciates it, and isn't a smart-ass about it.
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 4:04:16 PM EDT
[#11]
I've done several transfers at Gilbert's Small Arms Range and they they've always only charged $15 bucks.  You can't beat that.  Here's the info if you want to call them.

PH: 703-550-8005
8195-M Backlick Road
Lorton, VA 22079

Hope that helps.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top