[#1]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:37:44 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/2/2004 7:56:17 PM EDT
[#3]
w00t!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:29:47 AM EDT
[#4]
Wow!  So you've either tripled the size of the handgun range or this is going to be very crowded?!  I can't imagine 75 rifle targets, 15 shotgun targets and 20 handgun targets fitting in the space we had last time, so I'm interested to see it.  

You mentioned a sling with the rifle.  Does that mean people will be carrying rifles while shooting something else?  Loaded/unloaded?  We have a wide range of skillsets in the comp to carry and shoot simultaneously, but I'm not complaining....

If hits are all that's needed on the rifle portion, are there caliber limitations?  I have no problem using one of my 16's for the rifle portion, but was hoping to work out the MP5 a little as well.  While I'm not suggesting a 10/22 would suffice for the rifle portion (although I'm sure someone may try it if hits count!), are sub-cals allowed?  

This sounds like a great opportunity to have some fun!!  Thanks again for putting this together and giving us some heads-up about what to bring & expect.  Are we going to have moving & shooting again?  I watched a video of myself running through the course last time and observed myself stopping a lot on the shotgun portion to the "dismay" of people standing near the camera (I'm still doing voice analysis to find out who you were ).  I figure I better practice the moving part this weekend.  Oh, and I think I'll actually sight in my rifle scopes this time .  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 6:05:06 AM EDT
[#5]
I'd like to know too.  I'd like to bring my rock 'n' roll gun to the shoot assuming my stamp comes in time.  It should be here by then.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
This course seem a lot longer than before I nor 9x19 will be able to shoot until Saturday.  I hope there's enough time to shoot it before 1pm.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:53:14 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Wow!  So you've either tripled the size of the handgun range or this is going to be very crowded?!  I can't imagine 75 rifle targets, 15 shotgun targets and 20 handgun targets fitting in the space we had last time, so I'm interested to see it.  

Since he said the rifle targets are "hit" not "knock over" I assume it's 25 plates that need to be hit at least 3 times each.  

Damn, I can't wait to get down there and have a go at it!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:54:50 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This course seem a lot longer than before I nor 9x19 will be able to shoot until Saturday.  I hope there's enough time to shoot it before 1pm.

Since most of the targets are steel we don't have to waste all that time taping up targets between runs.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 7:59:28 AM EDT
[#9]
Understood, LHD - as long as you realize your FA gun will only be shot on SA at BRD!  Nobody's happy about it, but the club simply won't allow it.  There have been those that have questioned if anyone would notice - particularly if suppressed.  I'll leave that to your imagination!

Black Fox
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 8:46:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:06:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Excellent!  I was hoping to test out my STRIKE after I made some modifications and this will be the perfect proving grounds!
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 9:20:29 AM EDT
[#12]
Dammit, dammit, dammit.  My Trinity paperwork is still with the sherrif.  I guess I'll have to wait to flip the FA switch till next year.  I'll probably bring it though... there may be an innocent "accident"
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 2:42:37 AM EDT
[#13]
This looks great Anthony!

Steel is faster to score (instantaneous),  Quicker to reset (for the shotty) , and more satisfying to shoot!

I count that as a "3 for 1" victory!

I will miss the "in your face" shooting we got to do in last day's "shoot house"   :P

For the AR,  are mag changes going to be required  lol?  If not,  I'll have a legitimate need to get one of those MWG drums ......
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 8:02:09 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:20:40 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:26:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Is this already full?  I was going to pass, but the rifle thing sounds like fun?  Can they take a 7.62 hit?
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:30:30 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
Just an update for everyone. I finally got a chance to test the pistol targets, and decided that I'm going to have to limit the each shooter to no more than 30rnds. This will give everyone at least 10 make-up shots. Here is a little hint, accuracy is definitely going to be needed over speed for the pistol portion this time.

Cool.  I'm going to shoot the whole match left handed.  I'm left eye dominant but right handed and actually I shoot better lefty (just ask Hoplophile).  I'm just a tad slower lefty, Wish me luck!
Link Posted: 9/9/2004 6:41:45 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 4:13:53 PM EDT
[#19]
I am able to shoot the 3 gun match plus I can help RO/score and what everelse needs to be done.
I am leaving chesapeake in the am.

The wifes company picnic is tomorrow and she wanted me to go. She just said I could use my get out of one event free card, so I am coming.
Link Posted: 9/10/2004 6:20:01 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
 Can they take a 7.62 hit?

Targets... Yes

Barricade and target stand.... nope!

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top