Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2004 3:34:04 PM EDT
Anyone here going?  I was originally planning on it but I really have no money.  The only way that I would go is to sell guns.  Does anyone have any advise on whether it is easy to sell guns there?

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 4:13:41 AM EDT
[#1]
It is a big show (flea market).  The actual "gun show" portion has diminished significantly over the years.  I can remember a time the VFW lodge was filled with shiny new guns.  Now there are a couple of dealers, a few tables of personal collections, and still many people walking around willing to barter.

Depending on what you are looking to sell, you will likely find a buyer there somewhere.  I'll be in town over the weekend to visit family, and may make it out to the flea market.
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:14:13 PM EDT
[#2]
Don't go just for firearms. I have not been there for 10 years or so but they had all sorts of stuff. We spent the whole weekend rumaging around and had a great time. I picked up a couple knives.....ECS
Link Posted: 8/31/2004 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#3]
just be prepared to do ALOT of walking......and expect to find about 300,000 to 400,000 people there.
Link Posted: 9/1/2004 10:15:58 AM EDT
[#4]
I may go. I have several friends going to look for muzzle loader parts. It depends on my schedule.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
I went...the gunshow portion was extremely disappointing as it was *very* small.  

The flea market portion was amazing...but we spent 12 hours walking so we only did one day of it.

If you go in the future, don't go just for the gunshow...it was about 1/6 the size of the Showplace show in Mechanicsville.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top