Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2004 3:16:03 PM EDT
This is not as wild a thing as it sounds.  I have a Ruger bolt action .44 rifle with a built in suppressor.  I usually shoot subsonic .44 special ammunition, but there is nothing stopping me from using the round it was actually built for, a .44 magnum.

This, I was thinking, would make a nice short-range deer gun in a rifle approved county.  But what is the nice young man in the smokey bear hat going to say when he gets sight of me and my unusually thick-barreled Ruger rifle?  Naturally, I'd have the suppressor paperwork with me - but what about the regulations regarding hunting?

Any RKIs out there who can cite the rules, one way or the other?
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:24:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've searched the regs and there isn't a thing mentioned about it.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:25:26 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't find anything either.  But is the concealed carry reg new?
quoted from theVDGIF website  Here's the local regs.

Concealed handguns may be in the possession of hunters during the archery and muzzleloading seasons when they also possess a valid concealed handgun permit. Such handguns may not be used to shoot wild animals during these seasons.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:26:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:31:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#5]
try asking your NFA dealer.  i didn't know that suppressors were legal to hunt with in WI until the dealer told me.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:30:34 AM EDT
[#6]
I know they are specifically legal to hunt non game animals with, but not sure about game animals.   Non game includes pigs, ferrel cats, chickens, groundhogs etc.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:21:59 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Concealed handguns may be in the possession of hunters during the archery and muzzleloading seasons when they also possess a valid concealed handgun permit. Such handguns may not be used to shoot wild animals during these seasons.

I think that comes from one of the new laws passed by the GA this year.

This regulation is new.  Prior to this change in the law, a bowhunter who just happened to have his/her carry gun could have been cited for using a firearm during a no-firearms hunting season.  The change in the law eliminates that possibility.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:12:48 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You bet that's new.  And it's awesome...

As for C3 stuff for hunting...I thought I had read somewhere that it was not allowed...but I cannot find it either.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top