Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2004 9:26:54 AM EDT
I keep saying its next weekend, but its NOT!!  Its the weekend after.  I have to keep telling myself that.

I am all ammoed up.  Poor UPS guy has had to deliver 160 pounds of ammo up to my 4th floor apartment over the last week.

I told him last night that that was the last heavy order for a while and he laughed and looked relieved as he handed me the box with 1000 rounds of 9mm and 100 rounds of 12 ga 00 buckshot in it.

I also got a new video camera, with night vision ability for the night shoot.  I intend to take a lot of video.

My friend Fox is also coming(ARFCOM handel Foxxz), he will also be video taping stuff with his Video camera.

This is my first BRD.  His too.  I can't wait.

And then 3 days after BRD I get to put colapsable stock on everything.  Its gonna be a good week.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:45:13 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:53:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:06:54 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm excited too!

Got to change my oil, rotate and balance my tires and prep for the trip ya know.

The gunz, ammo and equipment are always ready.

I can't wait!

Gonna have some Black Gun Fun!

Danny
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:11:04 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm excited too!

Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:47:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Sure is getting crowded with Foxes in here all of the sudden

I'm still deciding what to bring this time.  My ride may out-do the Spring scene a bit, but I'm still deciding.    

Since Oliver's coming, I'm looking forward to firing my new FA MP5 for the first time.  I'm hoping I don't like it too much, because then I'll have to buy another! (I buy everything in pairs for my two girls to inherit when they're 21).  Now if I can just find time to sight in my M16 before the 3-gun this time I'll be better.  That, and remember to move and shoot on the shotgun part this time!  

It's only a few more weeks!  See you guys there.

Black Fox
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
This will be my first BRD. I am am not sure what to bring, or expect for that matter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:49:26 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Sure is getting crowded with Foxes in here all of the sudden

I'm still deciding what to bring this time.  My ride may out-do the Spring scene a bit, but I'm still deciding.    

Since Oliver's coming, I'm looking forward to firing my new FA MP5 for the first time.  I'm hoping I don't like it too much, because then I'll have to buy another! (I buy everything in pairs for my two girls to inherit when they're 21).  Now if I can just find time to sight in my M16 before the 3-gun this time I'll be better.  That, and remember to move and shoot on the shotgun part this time!  

It's only a few more weeks!  See you guys there.

Black Fox

Sorry, last weekend at Olivers I grabbed your MP5 and threw it in my jeep.    
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:11:20 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
This will be my first BRD. I am am not sure what to bring, or expect for that matter.

You don't really -need- to bring anything but a friendly attitude.  There's plenty of people, myself included, who are more than happy to let other people shoot our weapons, there's some vendors on hand selling ammo and accessories, you can buy food and drinks at the snack bar...

I would suggest bringing the following:
- guns and ammo, especially whatever you need for any competitions you are entering
- it's a range, bring eye and ear protection
- it's outdoors, bring a hat and sunblock
- it lasts all day and into the evening, wear shoes that are up to the task
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:14:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:46:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 6:56:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 7:08:30 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

I would suggest bringing the following:
- guns and ammo, especially whatever you need for any competitions you are entering
- it's a range, bring eye and ear protection
- it's outdoors, bring a hat
- it lasts all day and into the evening, wear shoes that are up to the task

You forgot sunblock.  Templar we got you covered...........
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 4:22:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Did you sell that Sendra?

Nah - just did the bait and switch

Told my wife I'd sell one of the 16's and a MAC to pay for the MP5.  After buying the MP5, suddenly decided  "you know - these M16's have been great investments.  Our investment funds are in the dump and we're paying taxes on everything we make in them.  Why not just keep all the MGs as investments?  No taxes and a lot more fun than investment funds!"  She said "sure, that makes sense!"  

She's beautiful, is a great mom to our children, has her own MGs AND puts up with my BS.  I'm going to stop having you guys over - one of these days one of you is going to let it slip that I have it too good!  Now I have to figure out how to slip in the MM23 (H&K 5.56 beltfed), Shrike upper (at least I have until '06 or '07 to figure that one out?!), another H&K sear, a suppressor for the Barrett.....  

Black Fox
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:06:07 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did you sell that Sendra?

Nah - just did the bait and switch

Told my wife I'd sell one of the 16's and a MAC to pay for the MP5.  After buying the MP5, suddenly decided  "you know - these M16's have been great investments.  Our investment funds are in the dump and we're paying taxes on everything we make in them.  Why not just keep all the MGs as investments?  No taxes and a lot more fun than investment funds!"  She said "sure, that makes sense!"  

She's beautiful, is a great mom to our children, has her own MGs AND puts up with my BS.  I'm going to stop having you guys over - one of these days one of you is going to let it slip that I have it too good!  Now I have to figure out how to slip in the MM23 (H&K 5.56 beltfed), Shrike upper (at least I have until '06 or '07 to figure that one out?!), another H&K sear, a suppressor for the Barrett.....  

Black Fox

Dang on man, I am really looking forward to meeting your guns you at BRD.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 1:32:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I think most of the stuff one might need has been covered. You may also want to add some boots to the list in case it's rained or raining. It gets soggy at this range. Plus a fold up chair would be a good idea, especially since it's an all day event.

As pointed out, a friendly attitude is the best thing to bring. Everyone I've gotten to meet at the different  shoots has been great. I don't think you'll find a friendlier bunch of guys/gals to meet and spend the day with. I received several comments from newcomers after the last BRD, on how suprised they were with the friendly atmosphere. Another point I heard from some people, was that they were impressed with the fact someone could lay a rifle down on one of the tables and leave for awhile, and then come back to have the rifle still there. The whole time not worrying about the rifle that was out of sight.  

Except for Shivan, stay away from him
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 3:44:07 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 5:45:24 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
I think most of the stuff one might need has been covered. You may also want to add some boots to the list in case it's rained or raining. It gets soggy at this range. Plus a fold up chair would be a good idea, especially since it's an all day event.

As pointed out, a friendly attitude is the best thing to bring. Everyone I've gotten to meet at the different  shoots has been great. I don't think you'll find a friendlier bunch of guys/gals to meet and spend the day with. I received several comments from newcomers after the last BRD, on how suprised they were with the friendly atmosphere. Another point I heard from some people, was that they were impressed with the fact someone could lay a rifle down on one of the tables and leave for awhile, and then come back to have the rifle still there. The whole time not worrying about the rifle that was out of sight.  

Except for Shivan, stay away from him

On my own thread!!!!!!!!  

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:20:46 AM EDT
[#18]

I can already tell that this years BRD is going to be interesting!
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:55:42 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:04:08 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
Just as long as no one comes back and says the BRD was fabulous.

No No Mr. Nut it's Mah-vel-us silly      
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:12:19 AM EDT
[#21]
Maybe we should invite the Pink Pistols?
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:43:24 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 5:57:01 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be easier then going to the bar for you Marc?

They wouldn't be interested in me, they only like girls
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 7:27:29 AM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:06:11 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
No No Mr. Nut it's Mah-vel-us silly

Link Posted: 8/28/2004 11:39:23 AM EDT
[#26]
As long as we have no sing a long for Camp Kum-Ba-Yah I’ll be fine.
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:27:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 8/28/2004 4:40:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Would that be easier then going to the bar for you Marc?

They wouldn't be interested in me, they only like girls

I wasn't talking about the girls....

What a waste of a perfectly good joke. I guess you're still tired from work.

I guess that one went right over my head.  Keep in mind I'm not very swift but I thought the Pink Pistols were a pro 2nd Amendment lesbian organization?  Either way, my bad.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top