Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2004 10:28:48 AM EDT

I am interested in picking up a lower from Quantico Arms and I posted this in their EE thread selling Cav lowers.  Just thought I would post it here too to get your input.

from EE:

Quoted:
I just got my new drivers license.  So I am on a 30 day "probation" from buying guns.

25 days left.  I'll come down if you still have some after I can buy again.

ETA, at least I think so.  I moved to Fairfax from Herndon, and so online I requested a new drivers license.  It came in the mail last week.  Do I still have a 30 day "probation" period in which I can buy guns but I can't take them home yet?

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:44:12 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 12:13:13 PM EDT
[#2]
If your DL has an ORI or DUP, it needs to be 30 days old.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:38:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Quantico's responce:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Do I still have a 30 day "probation" period in which I can buy guns but I can't take them home yet?

As long as you had a Virginia license that was at least 30 days old before, you should be good to go.  Make sure you have the second form of ID with you when you come down to see us.
Quantico Arms

Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
Did you hold a VA Drivers License before you are getting your new one?

My brother had something similar happen and he had to get his address changed on his D/L so they gave him a new D/L but it was concerned "Re-Issued" so he was still allowed to buy a handgun, he did not have to wait 30 days. Not sure if that helps.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:25:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Okay.  Its looking like I am okay.  Since I have two VA drivers license's in my wallet and one is more than 30 days old.

Link Posted: 8/27/2004 10:55:19 AM EDT
[#6]
I've had to get a new drivers license issued with my new address in order to buy a gun before.  Actually, Virginia Arms has a drivers license office right up the road from them and I got the license and bought the gun in the same day, so you should have no problem.  As long as you have passed the 30 day probationary period, you should have no problem getting a new license and buying the gun.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top