Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/24/2004 4:09:01 PM EDT
...parked inbetween Rt.50 and the on ramp for I66, pointing and chatting in the direction of the overpass and Fair Oaks mall.

I saw them on the way to get my oil changed the other day and gave the fuzz a call to report a broken down vehicle possibly in need of assistance.

What do you guys think? Thats not exactly a geat tourist spot.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:13:44 PM EDT
[#1]
hug.gif

see, i told you f@#$%rs but you didn't listen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i think what happened is that you came upon a couple of mall ninjas doing a recon.
you are very lucky to be alive, my friend.

seriously, how were they dressed?
was it a gov't type vehicle?

were they wearing rags on their head and speaking arabic... these things are important.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 4:50:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
seriously, how were they dressed?
was it a gov't type vehicle?

were they wearing rags on their head and speaking arabic... these things are important.

They appeared to the average Joe (me) as middle-eastern, dressed in civi-clothes, driving a dark colored import sedan. Couldn't hear them talking as I passed by at ~50 but it was a very conspicuous place to have their car stopped.

I was raised as a kid on a Naval Base and have been programmed to "Think OPSEC." Remember seeing those commercials on the DoD TV stations? Anywho, seemed to me they needed attention one way or another.
Link Posted: 8/24/2004 8:57:07 PM EDT
[#3]
Not a great tourist spot, but not exactly a likely terrorist target either.

Could be anything, I guess.

Maybe construction guys taking photos for some job or maybe attorney or insurance types checking out a past accident scene.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:12:41 AM EDT
[#4]
I live right near there!!!!  Not a good time to start shit near me, I am all ammoed up for BRD
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:24:51 AM EDT
[#5]
ignore thm, They are from OUR govt. and are here to help.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:17:13 AM EDT
[#6]
Its probably innocent, but certainly something to pay attention to.  I've thought for quite some time that this area would be fairly easy to paralize by cutting just a few major travel arteries.  This area is not like LA where you have multiple East/West and North/South routes.  If you need to go West, you have to take 66.  Same goes for 95 North and South and Route 50 to the East.  Stay sharp folks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:01:07 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
...  I've thought for quite some time that this area would be fairly easy to paralize by cutting just a few major travel arteries.  ...

True.

However, if I really wanted to bring this area to its knees, I’d go after the WW and/or Cabin John Bridges.  (Imagine losing both of them at the same time!! )

Hitting the 50 overpass of 66 wouldn’t do much since 66 could be quickly cleared of any debris and there are nearby alternates for 50.

In reality, though, just about anything is a potential target.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 9:11:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Y'all know a Hamas guy was just arrested with a video his wife took of the Bay Bridge that was taken 2 weeks ago right?  You're right about the bridges, but just imagine the added chaos of multiple bridges, overpasses and major arteries being hit all at once.  It wouldn't be difficult either.  It would just take a few truck bombs with downward aiming shaped explosives.  My fear would be this in combination with a chemical or bio release in DC.  It would be a f-ing disaster.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 11:55:58 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Y'all know a Hamas guy was just arrested with a video his wife took of the Bay Bridge that was taken 2 weeks ago right?  You're right about the bridges, but just imagine the added chaos of multiple bridges, overpasses and major arteries being hit all at once.  It wouldn't be difficult either.  It would just take a few truck bombs with downward aiming shaped explosives.  My fear would be this in combination with a chemical or bio release in DC.  It would be a f-ing disaster.  

That was in The Free Lance Star tonight some things to think about I tell ya shit is starting to stink around here.

VA-Spook
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 5:34:07 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
...  I've thought for quite some time that this area would be fairly easy to paralize by cutting just a few major travel arteries.  ...

True.

However, if I really wanted to bring this area to its knees, I’d go after the WW and/or Cabin John Bridges.  (Imagine losing both of them at the same time!! )

Hitting the 50 overpass of 66 wouldn’t do much since 66 could be quickly cleared of any debris and there are nearby alternates for 50.

In reality, though, just about anything is a potential target.

Have you read Enemies Foriegn and Domestic? If not I highly suggest that you do.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:43:53 AM EDT
[#11]
Hey!

Unfortunately these days anything is possible. Doesn't hurt to let the VSP check em out.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:47:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 9:52:36 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

This guy was already wanted for his Hamas ties (per FoxNews).  Sounds like these dudes are gearing up for somthing...
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 10:35:34 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

This guy was already wanted for his Hamas ties (per FoxNews).  Sounds like these dudes are gearing up for somthing...

Fox news just had a spot on about this.  When they stopped him on the bridge, not only was his wife in the process of filming, he had 6 other tapes in the car of the bridge, including one that focused on the load cables.
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 11:02:14 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Fox news just had a spot on about this.  When they stopped him on the bridge, not only was his wife in the process of filming, he had 6 other tapes in the car of the bridge, including one that focused on the load cables.

Yup...we caught a live one!  His lawyer calls the charges "outrageous".  I say put his head in a vice and tighten it untill his eyeballs pop!
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:38:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 1:40:17 PM EDT
[#17]
Damnit you should have just went to 'slide lock' on his ass for GP.   j/k
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 2:25:34 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
You guys up there need to keep your heads down, and gear ready to go.

No kidding!

I try not to let my SUV get below 3/4ths a tank of gas.

The good news is that we’re upwind from D.C.!!
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 9:57:50 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
You guys up there need to keep your heads down, and gear ready to go.

Done.  

I had typed a bunch of other comments about this but deleted them because it looked a bit paranoid so suffice to say "done."
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 2:14:58 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I live right near there!!!!  Not a good time to start shit near me, I am all ammoed up for BRD

Me too.
Link Posted: 8/27/2004 6:16:59 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Damnit you should have just went to 'slide lock' on his ass for GP.   j/k

SLIDE LOCK is always fun...although, I s'pose it would have been bad for the State Farm rep taking accident photos.  But hey, we all have bad days at work now and then.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top