Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/21/2004 5:54:10 PM EDT
I was at blue ridge armory the other day and they had a paper on the wall mentioning that they no longer had a waiting period when you purchase a gun.

Is this true?  Does this apply to everywhere in va?
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:40:54 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/21/2004 6:51:55 PM EDT
[#2]
thx.. for clearing that up for me.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 3:13:38 AM EDT
[#3]
This is pretty much what all the Hoopla was about after July 1, 2004. The localities lost the authority to enforce ordinances that affected the purchase, sale, transportation or carrying of firearms.

VCDL touches on it on their wwebsite..http://www.vcdl.org/ but I wish they would have a more concise library of legislation after the session. The tracking during the session is the best I've ever seen.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 6:22:31 AM EDT
[#4]
FWIW, I bought and left with a new Ruger 22/45 from the Fair Oaks Galyans yesterday.

Sweet little pistol, BTW. After shooting more than $1000 worth of .45 this year, I figured it was time to economize.
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 7:14:31 AM EDT
[#5]
Did you see Gram there?  He's a member on the board in case you didn't know.  
Link Posted: 8/22/2004 9:03:42 AM EDT
[#6]
FYI if you hold a VA CHP you can also buy more than 1 handgun per month!
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 5:46:26 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Is he the young guy who shoots IPSC or one of the idiots that works there.

Seriously the old guy with white hair told me I could shoot .308 in an AK chambered for 7.62x39.  Even when I mentioned the difference between x39 and x51 he said "Oh well it dont have to lock up every time to shoot".
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 8:41:39 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Even when I mentioned the difference between x39 and x51 he said "Oh well it dont have to lock up every time to shoot".

Link Posted: 8/23/2004 9:42:15 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Seriously the old guy with white hair told me I could shoot .308 in an AK chambered for 7.62x39.  Even when I mentioned the difference between x39 and x51 he said "Oh well it dont have to lock up every time to shoot".

He's one of the young guys.  Real tall ans skinny.  Wears glasses.

Go ahead and shoot that way with one of their guns
Link Posted: 8/23/2004 12:52:09 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

He's one of the young guys.  Real tall ans skinny.  Wears glasses.

Go ahead and shoot that way with one of their guns

Is he a LEO too?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Yea the last time I got a handgun I THINK they told me I could now buy one every 5 days?

Too bad I can afford that
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:39:25 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yea the last time I got a handgun I THINK they told me I could now buy one every 5 days?

Too bad I can afford that

Actually I think you can buy as many as you want but more than 1 within 5 days is extra paperwork setting off alarm bells at the ATF.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top