Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/24/2003 5:07:58 PM EDT
The following condensed story is from the Virginia Citizens Defense League's e-mail update.  Anyone else seen such this "check all guns" sign at the Hampton Bass Pro Shop?

So they don't want people with CCWs shopping for hunting clothes and fishing poles?  Hard to fathom - an anti-gun Sportsman's shop.  What an oxymoron.

I posted this in the GD forum, but I would be interested in hearing from any local folks who've made it to the Hampton store.  I have not yet.

Member and VCDL Activist Ray Haring sent the following letter to Bass Pro regarding their Hampton, VA store:

"I visited your store in Hampton, VA yesterday and upon entering the store I noticed a sign stating that all guns must be checked at the service desk. I asked to speak with the manager, as I was hoping the sign referred to those persons bringing guns in for repair or service. To my disappointment the manager informed me that ALL GUNS must be declared and a trigger lock placed on gun. With numerous crimes in the news, especially during the holiday season, I must question the 'no weapons' policy (even by those holding court issued permits) at the Hampton Bass Pro Shop..."

Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:04:03 AM EDT
[#1]
To be honest I've been there twice and never even looked for a sign like that. I'll try to check it out the nextr time I go.

However Bas Pro shop(s) is NOT a gun owner friendly store IMO. They will sell you a mini-14but not an AR. Same ammo, different look of the gun = NO GO. They're about Hunting, Fishing, and conservation as far as I know they don't really give a shit about your rights. Maybe when the VPC goes after the "Dangerous, silent, and deadly Assault Bow's" they'll care.
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I haven't seen the sign either.  It is nice that they have guns on display for all to see, but most people don't associate AR's with hunting.  They don't really "get" target shooting and practical guns.  I almost fell over when the cashier asked me if I was hunting deer with the .223 I was buying.  WTF am I going to do with 800 deer?  
Link Posted: 12/28/2003 10:44:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Don't ask, don't tell.

I agree that it's wrong and their policy should change.

I just don't read the sign or follow the instructions.

Everywhere I go, I am armed, everywhere.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top