Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/12/2003 4:30:08 AM EDT
Does anybody have any idea on how we can go about helping to get us some Sunday hunting here in VA?  It really sucks only having Saterdays to hunt.  

This month the VA Fish and Game had an article on adding two more doe tags to the license for next year to help thin the herd.  How about adding more doe days and allowing more does to be shot on WMA's.  That and add Sunday hunting.  I mean I have only used, at the most, two of my current four tags.  Mostly because I am the only one at the house eating it but also that I can only get a few days in, even with muzzleloader season.

What can we do to get these people to do this?
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:12:01 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm with you on Sunday hunting.  I'm from Arkansas and it was allowed there, but not here. Your best bet is to contact your State reps (House & Senate) and try and get them to propose a bill to change the law.  This one of those grass roots efforts and will take a lot of imput from many folks to get changed.
I am sure that there will be opposition from the church going crowd, as this is one of those antiquated blue laws.
Link Posted: 12/16/2003 5:29:59 AM EDT
[#2]
And from the wives.  Man, if it was legal to hunt on Sunday, nothing would get done around the house all winter long.

Link Posted: 12/16/2003 6:13:06 AM EDT
[#3]
Sunday hunting isn’t ever going to happen. It goes back to the blue laws. Hunting takes place in rural areas, rural areas that are littered with churches. Allot of rural church attendees are hunters and no church attendee is going to be happy with shotgun blasts interrupting the preacher, just won’t happen. John
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top