Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/12/2003 12:20:27 PM EDT
Does it?  and where can I find the statute?

Thanks!
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 3:46:12 PM EDT
[#1]
No reciprocity according to packing.org.
Why not just get a non-resident florida permit? Pretty easy, i think 90 bucks or so. Gets you 21 states (with some overlap with VA)too!!!

Got mine almost 5 years ago. It has Katherine Harris' sig With or without my VA permit, i can drive to Florida concealed, with the exception of South Carolina  - but glove compartment is ok there.

DD
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 4:35:11 PM EDT
[#2]
DD-How do you get a non-resident Fl permit?  My inlaws live there and as they age we're going down more often, and being unarmed in the land of Fruits and Nuts is disconcerting at best.

I looked at Packing.org and they said to verify anything on their site so I figured I'd ask around.
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:26:14 PM EDT
[#3]
The Dept. Of Agriculture does it. Why the Agri, I don't know, but they do.

You have to do finger prints and attach a passport photo.

I still need to do mine....

Link Posted: 11/13/2003 5:37:51 AM EDT
[#4]
Get applications

You can get applications sent to you WW. In it will be a fingerprint card, paper work etc. You send back the dough, passport photos, the fingerprint card, proof of training(NRA basic pistol, hunting liscense etc)and 45(not sure) days later - you get a nice picture Id

I am in Florida at least 3x/year. Good thing about Florida among other things, restaurant carry is ok(as long as you are not in the bar area, i think), and the permit is actually a WEAPONS permit where as VA is a handgun permit. Automatic knives is ok there too.

DD
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top