Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 11/8/2003 5:44:20 AM EDT
Opens this coming Thursday November 13th!

I drove by there the other day and looked around. Looks like they better get busy if they want to make that date.

Lots of stocking, landscaping, pond filling etc left to do. They were busy like beavers though.

I can't wait.

That place is going to be a money magnet for me, I might as well just turn in my wallet at the door.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 12:40:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm not going to be around for that opening weekend, but I think we need to have a Tidewater/Hampton Roads ARFCOM get-together.  Buy all of the (hopefully) cheap Q3131A, then get some food.  How 'bout it?  
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 6:32:01 PM EDT
[#2]
I was pleasantly surprised when I learned that the PowerPlant, the "jewel of Hampton," was actually going to have a store that interests me.

DrMark
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 11:21:04 PM EDT
[#3]
I can not wait to go,I live only 5 miles away in newport news.JASON IN VA 757 715-4689
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:33:13 AM EDT
[#4]
DITTO I live about 6 miles away in Newport News.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 2:57:41 PM EDT
[#5]
About 12 miles away for me. I was in line to be a recieving lead until I got the job I have now. Although I was excited about having a quasi intel related job that paid decent, I would be less than honest to say that I was a little bummed out about not working there. LOL
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 3:25:42 AM EDT
[#6]
As I understand it, BassPro is supposed to be putting a store in Potomac Mills Mall in the near future.  I hope that is true.
Link Posted: 11/11/2003 4:13:24 PM EDT
[#7]
that place looks huge from the interstate. the adverstisement on t.v. says they have a shooting gallery. anyone know if they mean a shooting range or an archery range?
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 9:26:03 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
the adverstisement on t.v. says they have a shooting gallery. anyone know if they mean a shooting range or an archery range?

The BassPro in Hanover, MD, has an amusement park-type shooting gallery.  It uses what look like Remington 597 .22LR rifles that shoot frickin' laser beams or something at animatronic targets and stuff.  More like a video game.  They might have archery too, I've never seen it though.  Of course the first time I went in there I never even realized they had a dozen bass boats on display inside, either.  YMMV.  
Link Posted: 11/12/2003 6:39:37 PM EDT
[#9]
I just came back from there a little while ago. The prices are ok but there is alot there to buy. UMC .223 was 2.88 good cheep ammo.
Link Posted: 11/13/2003 4:59:35 PM EDT
[#10]
They have an indoor archery range and an arcade type shooting range.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 4:25:26 PM EDT
[#11]
yeah, went there today at about 2:00 in the afternoon. there weren't any parking spaces available! they did have a heck of a lot of rifles and shotguns, minimal reloading supplies and very few handguns. i guess i was thinking it would be a place to compare to bob's gunshop in  norfolk. i'll give 'em a chance. maybe everything wasn't on the shelves yet. overall, a nice place with a nice atmosphere. i was still very impressed.
Link Posted: 11/14/2003 7:52:20 PM EDT
[#12]
They don't usually have much for the black rifle lovers, or handgunners unless you're looking for a hunting handgun.  It seems that they do run a special on Q3131A about twice a year though.  Last time it was $2.88 a box IIRC.
Scott
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top