Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/27/2003 10:50:51 AM EDT
I will be moving into my first house in the next two months out in Loudon County.  I figure this will give me a good opportunity to buy a gun safe.  Everything I have read says to buy larger than I think I will need, so I am prepared for that.  However I don't want anything too fancy, just something that is nice and secure from fire and theft.  Can anybody recommend a good gun safe and where to get it in Northern Virginia?  Thanks!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:21:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Virginia Safe & Lock on Port Royal Road.

When you go to Liberty Safe's, my recommendation too BTW, website you can find them via the dealer locator.

Ed

Link Posted: 10/27/2003 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 5:29:57 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Virginia Safe & Lock on Port Royal Road.

When you go to Liberty Safe's, my recommendation too BTW, website you can find them via the dealer locator.

Ed

That's where I got mine as well....great service!
Link Posted: 10/27/2003 6:59:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out Steve's Services in Vienna.  He sells Fort Knox (what I own).  They are the best in the industry.
You can get a catalog from VA Arms in Manassas

Link Posted: 10/28/2003 6:44:37 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Check out Steve's Services in Vienna.  He sells Fort Knox (what I own).  They are the best in the industry.

I second Steve, I got my Ft. Knox from him, and intend to get another from him soon. Excellent service
Link Posted: 10/28/2003 7:26:32 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I second Steve, I got my Ft. Knox from him, and intend to get another from him soon. Excellent service

I "third" Steve. He is usually set up at the local gun shows. Got a 'knox' from him too. Watching his little robot bring an 800lb safe down my narrow walkout basement stairs at night (so my neighbors cant see LOL) was pretty kewl.

DD
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 12:19:57 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

I "third" Steve. He is usually set up at the local gun shows. Got a 'knox' from him too. Watching his little robot bring an 800lb safe down my narrow walkout basement stairs at night (so my neighbors cant see LOL) was pretty kewl.

DD

Damn Nstg8r. If Steve could deliver the safe with robot, why did we have to move yours manually? My foot still hurts.
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 1:13:02 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Damn Nstg8r. If Steve could deliver the safe with robot, why did we have to move yours manually? My foot still hurts.

Sucka!
Link Posted: 11/5/2003 7:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey Q3131A...if I'd have had Steve's little robot do it, then I am sure I'd have paid a bit more.  Since we moved it, he cut my cost even more...you forget, I got a SWEET DEAL...

Besides, if you hadn't have helped me, do you think we'd have helped you the next day move yours?

C u Sunday
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Hey Q3131A...if I'd have had Steve's little robot do it, then I am sure I'd have paid a bit more.  Since we moved it, he cut my cost even more...you forget, I got a SWEET DEAL...

Besides, if you hadn't have helped me, do you think we'd have helped you the next day move yours?

C u Sunday

Yeah... But I want mine back along with my furniture.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 6:51:11 AM EDT
[#11]
If you are like me and have a few common AR's, common pistols etc.  Common meaning not sooper collectables, then I would go to Wal-Mart and get a Sentry safe + insurance on your collection.  IMHO it is a waste of money to buy a $1200 safe to protect $5000 worth of guns whenever a $350 safe protects them from theft and $20/yr of insurance protects them from fire.  The Sentry safe weight 200lbs empty, can be bolted to the floow and for me weighs considerably more since I keep all of my bullets at the bottom.
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 9:36:13 AM EDT
[#12]
Cannon makes a 28 long gun(but not all with pistol grips)and two shelves at the top that can be had around Va. Beach for about 725$(24d30w60h)weighs about 450-500lbs.Got mine from the old A&P Range at Lynnhaven.
Link Posted: 11/10/2003 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Galyan's (Fairfax) has a whole bunch of them.  From the small cabinets to large 'safes'.  Forget the brands, though, as I was just walking by the aisle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top