Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/18/2003 7:07:34 PM EDT
How many Black Creek members are there here?  They have really gone down hill...but I'll say no more.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 9:45:48 AM EDT
[#1]
I get yelled at there quite often.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 12:33:54 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I get yelled at there quite often.

Slow down, Rambo!

Whatever.

You must not be a .22 benchrest shooter over 60.
Link Posted: 10/23/2003 1:29:55 PM EDT
[#3]
I belong to Black Creek and I've been "yelled" at 2-3 times for various things over the years also.

I also understand that one organization IDPA or IPSC (cannot remember which) or the person putting on that type of event will no longer hold matches at Black Creek as a result of a disagreement in how the matches were run. The matches will now be focused at Cavalier and Rivanna instead.

It is amusing how many people mention 22 benchrest and older shooters being the only ones welcomed. I don't disagree, just mentioning that I've heard this so many times now it seems that's what the BCSA is really about.

I've noticed that the "yelling" has really increased over the past 2 years. I know KC can be abrasive when telling people things, but he does uphold the main interests which are safety and keeping the range open. I understand that with suburban encroachment that complaints are up about the range and potential for errant shots leaving the property. The rules exists for everyone's safety and to keep the range operating. Even if 22 benchrest is the main fare at BCSA as long as you can shoot pretty much anything it is worth having the range around. What is the alternative, if Black Creek closed where would you/we go? Cavalier has a waiting list (so I've been told) and both Cavalier and Rivanna are a haul compared to BCSA.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top