Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/9/2003 6:57:33 PM EDT
We are getting closer to the big day. This day is going on rain or shine, but I think the weather will be nice(I hope).

For all those people who will be coming in on Friday afternoon, post here and we can set up a time for everyone to meet up. We can all pick up dinner some place if you want. I was thinking between 4:00 and 5:00pm.

I know some people had mentioned campers and camping. If anyone is still planning on staying at the club, you will have to let me know so I can make sure the door is open to the clubhouse. There are bathrooms, and showers in the building for you.

Those people staying Friday night or that are close enough, we can meet for breakfast at 8:00am for breakfast at Sheldon's. We can then caravan over to the range, it will make it easier for you to find.

Everyone else that is coming straight to the range: when you arrive come into the clubhouse and check-in. Ms. Ogre_4070 will be there to greet you. Anyone wishing to do skeet lessons can sign up with her. Make sure you sign up for the lessons when you get there. I will try to run the people who want skeet lessons through the 3-gun match first.

The main shooting area will be the pistol range which is to the left of the club house. This range will be for open shooting of all guns. The rifle range will be for long range shooting, and for those who wish to sight in their rifles. The rifle range has portable target stands but the pistol range doesn't, so if you have extra stands bring them along.

I would suggest that you bring some boots incase the grass is still wet on Saturday. Also, if anyone has any portable tables bring them along also. There will be some tables there for everyone to put their gear on, but it would be better to have more then we need. If you have fold up chairs, you may want to bring them also.

EYES AND EARS are required and if you are bringing kids, try to make sure you have some for them. The open shooting session will be quite loud.

Remember, there will be a time and place set up for the swap meet, so if anyone wants to bring something to trade or sell, bring it along. I will also try to run those people with stuff to trade and sell through the 3-gun match earlier.

The 3-gun match should start around 12:30 and it will run until we are finished. I have changed the round count to 20rds pistol, 10rds OO Buck, and 30rds rifle at a minimum. If anyone wants to shoot a revolver, the round count will be 18 minimum for the pistol. Remember, you will need to have a cover garment for the competition. I will also need a couple of permanent volunteers to help with the pasting of targets and stuff.

If we have time, I am going to set up a bowling pin match for people to shoot. It will be at varying distances out to 100yds. It will be timed, but I will have to wait until the 3-gun match is finished so we can use the timer. If anyone has an extra timer they can bring, we should be able to do both events then.

There will still be a time set aside for the kids to shoot .22s at the steel silhouettes.

We will be doing the raffle drawing and the 50/50 towards the end of the day. You will have to be there for that part of it to win though.

The club will be selling lunch from 11:30 to 1:30. It will be hotdogs, hamburgers, fries, and drinks.  

I hope that everyone who is able to make it will come out for this. You will be kicking yourselves in the ass later for missing this.

See you all then, Anthony

I knew I was going to forget something. We will also be doing a build it yourself demonstration for the AR15 rifle. If anyone has a AR15 project they have been thinking about, just bring the stuff along and we will include it into the class.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:02:16 PM EDT
[#1]
I am going to try to make Sheldon's NLT 4pm....even if I don't get out of here until Noon I should make it.

If we are rolling out at 8am Saturday morning, someone is gonna have to beat my damn door down....

I don't get up until 8:30am usually.....

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:03:42 PM EDT
[#2]
I am NOT bringing the SKEET gun......not gonna have enough time.  I want to get a good 200yd zero on all my rifles so I know the comeups on them all.

I might try it with the 590 18" barrel.......
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:12:30 PM EDT
[#3]
Not going to have time? How many rifles are you bringing?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Not going to have time? How many rifles are you bringing?

50AE upper, 458 SOCOM upper, brand new .223 varmint upper, M4 upper, AR10, brand new M1A...

Mossberg 590, H&K USP40c, Kimber CDP II....
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:23:55 PM EDT
[#5]
about the ear protection and eye protection.
do the ear protection have to be the ear muff style or can i just use the kind you squish and stuff in your ear and they expand. my dog ate my ear muffs or whatever you call them (seriously)

and the eye protection can they be any kind of safety glasses? (stupid question i know)
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:29:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I just sent you another IM Ed. I am not sure if it went through though. I screwed up that IM again anyway. I am going to be now. See you tomorrow.

Mudzilla, whatever kind of eyes and ears you want will be fine. Just as long as they protect your eyes and ears.

Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Bobby_the_Hun and I will be there by 4 tomorrow barring any extreme traffic.

Wherever we go, I want a damn birthday beer.  Today's my birthday and NOBODY BOUGHT ME A DAMN BEER!  Oh wait, dry county...  Oh well, how about a birthday rifle?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#8]
I'm getting antsy.

Shivan, I want to shoot your 50AE and your 458 SOCOM!

Can I, Can I, huh, PLEASE?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:33:15 PM EDT
[#9]
I won't be getting to Sheldon's till late, around mignight, but I'll see you guys at breakfast on Sat.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:33:44 AM EDT
[#10]
I am so damned bummed about not being able to make this!  You don't want to see a 6'2" big man cry. [>(]
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:25:18 AM EDT
[#11]
Alright fellas......going to run the last errands before leaving town to head down there.

BV:

Sure, 458 SOCOM and 50AE....

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 4:38:20 AM EDT
[#12]
WHOO HOO!

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 8:50:02 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I am so damned bummed about not being able to make this!  You don't want to see a 6'2" big man cry. [>(]

Just wait until all the pictures of the day are posted.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:20:01 AM EDT
[#14]
DAMN...DAMN...DAMN!!!  I can't go!

Please don't post the pics...
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 9:59:31 AM EDT
[#15]
I've got a target stand, but it must be hammered into the ground.  Is that a problem?

I'd love to try the PSS DM (.300 WM) at 200 yards, but that's a bit on the boring side.  The weather will likely keep the exotics in the safe.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:00:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Oh yeah, I'll be driving down on Saturday.  When should I plan to arrive?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 10:26:29 AM EDT
[#17]
Packing up now , probley pull out around 1600, see ya
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 12:03:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Loading up the truck now. See ya in Keysville for breakfast.

Link Posted: 10/10/2003 1:27:30 PM EDT
[#19]
Leaving for my mom's in a little while. My wife and I prolly won't be doing any shooting (limited time) but are planning on stopping by to say hello/ meet-N-greet.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 3:30:01 PM EDT
[#20]
are yall gonna have targets at the range or do we have to bring our own?
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:03:53 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Oh yeah, I'll be driving down on Saturday.  When should I plan to arrive?

The start time is 10:30. Glad to see you are coming.

Mudzilla, there are some target stands there but if you can scrounge a couple of paper targets it would help. If not, paper plates work great. See you tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2003 7:13:13 PM EDT
[#22]
The event has sort of begun. FMJunkie, Bobby_The_Hun, SHIVAN, RobertM and family, and woodrow1976 and friend have arrived so far. I will see the rest of you tomorrow.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top