Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/7/2003 6:13:23 PM EDT
Now that I'm getting older, those damn sights are getting harder to see.  Anybody know of an eye doc that's into firearms to help me adjust my perscription?
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 6:17:25 PM EDT
[#1]
I dont know any in NOVA. But if you must have an eye doc who is pro RKBA , mine is. when I told him why I needed my sight checked as best as he could. He said: "Well which one is your shooting eye?" I said "The right" He said, "well I'll make sure that one is great and leave the other one alone for half off."

I was laughing pretty hard, but later he was talking about how much he loves shooting and collecting.

He's in Pasadena MD if it helps.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 9:10:40 AM EDT
[#2]
I'm facing the same problem.  I can't see a damned thing through iron rifle sights.  No problem with pistol sights, maybe because the sights are at arm's length.  

My optometrist in Fredericksburg has told me he has worked with some of the folks on the FBI HRT based at Quantico.  His name is Samuel Smart.  His telephone number if (540) 373-3021. I've got an appointment early December to see if he can help me out.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 1:30:44 AM EDT
[#3]
i am in fredericksburg too.  i am not sure if my opometrist is into gun.  my old one moved to bigger city and i got a young one around my age.

i cant see well.  i have hard time seeing clearly wearing glass and use the scope.  
Link Posted: 10/18/2003 4:53:49 AM EDT
[#4]
Your a thug, you probably just "bust caps out of yo nine without aiming yo" right?
Link Posted: 10/19/2003 7:54:54 PM EDT
[#5]
i used to be thuggy before i own guns.  i am an adult now so i can't act stupid without paying the price.  owning guns making me become a much more responsible citizen.

aiming? i thought ak47 is a self-aiming rilfe as m16 is a self-cleaning rifle.  

i do aim with my mak90, aka asianthug47.  however, i built a gun rust that i can just mount my asianthug47 on there and spray it downrange like crazy.  i usually do the 30-round spray and clean the bore before doing it again.  i would like to pick up a part kit to use as spare, but i can't install barrel myself, so i woudn't be able to tell if the kit works or not.  gunsmith charges 50 bucks minimum to install barrel.  the barrel doesn't even cost that much.  so i tend to not spray 30 rounds anymore; i do the 10-round spray now.

is there any public range in the freddyville area?
Link Posted: 10/21/2003 6:38:17 PM EDT
[#6]
There is a Dr. Alan Toler in the Richmond area that might be worth the drive.  He is an avid shooter and has helped many local competitors with glasses.  Don't wear glasses so I don't have any first hand experience with his practice, but he's likeable and have shot bullseye with him. Here are some links:

http://customsightpicture.com/frontpage1.html

http://www.drtoler.com/aboutus.html

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top