Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 4:09:23 PM EDT
Has anybody ever shot at their range or taken one of their classes? I'm thinking about taking one next year and would like some opinions. Thans for any help.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:06:41 PM EDT
[#1]
no, but ive fished on the blackwater river!
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 5:33:03 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks, I'll call you if I need any fishing pointers.
Link Posted: 10/3/2003 8:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
VA-Dinger
Theymust be doing something right they got a contract teaching firearms at the FBI Academy!!!
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 5:40:36 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:52:56 AM EDT
[#5]
I have also been thinking about taking a 5 day class down there next year. I was looking at the 3 day pistol, 2 day rifle class. They should be offering one in the spring. Maybe we can line up a ARFCOM group going down to the same class.
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 1:57:00 PM EDT
[#6]
If you guys are interested in a course, check the training calender on their site and see what kind of group rate they may offer. I don't have any influence in the prices, but if you ask, they may adjust them for you?

If the group is in agreement, they can customize courses for you. Let's say if you have 7 people that want to do pistol for one day and carbine for two, if they can fit it into the training schedule, they will. Alot of it depends on the ranges being used, etc They would have to have a long term notice, because they have one hectic schedule. Their standard courses have a set curriculum, but you can set them up they way you want if the group is from the same agency or in agreement with the make up. Training hours can be adjusted to shoot at night also, again check with them.  They keep a 1 to 7 ratio, instructor to student, so If you have eight people, they will need a second instructor, which may affect pricing.

Hopefully this helps out. I can help some more if needed. I do alot of the Navy courses, I got lucky and got four days this week and family stuff Saturday. That's why I can't go to the shoot this weekend.

You won't be disapointed with the ranges. Especially when on the steel. That's so much better than the paper, which is needed for zero and basics. It will also allow you to test your gear, clothing, etc Nothing like a 32 degree day with wind and rain to see what works! Of course if you just want good shooting weather, the fall is the time!

Mark
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 2:54:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Grant, Nothing like the Rogers range and the carbine range. The carbine range has a mover and multiple steel targets. Paper can be set up there to. The Rogers range is all steel, intended for pistol, subgun and shotgun.

I like to call it the "Humbler" it can be set up to make anyone feel like they suck. It sure does "push" you though. So you constantly increse your skill level, that's one sure way of making yourself better. All computerized so the pop up times, etc can be time adjusted according to skill levels. So just when you can draw and hit the chest plate with one and the head plate with one in a certain time period, add another chest shot or decrease the time. Add aditional targets, it's endless.

There is no comparison when using the carbine range, instant feedback with the steel. They also have the 1000 yard KD(known distance range) You can set up paper or steel is already there. I liked taking my carbine on that with the TA01, to much fun!

Mark
Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:05:32 AM EDT
[#9]
blackwateripsc.com/frames.html

Blackwater is the best range I have shot at.

We hold IPSC matches once amonth and throw in a couple of side matches with 3 guns acouple times a year.

We have a IPSC match 10/12/03

Link Posted: 10/6/2003 7:19:54 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd like to get in on a 3day carbine class.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 5:16:22 AM EDT
[#11]
Hmmm, they don't look too far from the outer banks.  I could leave the family there and run off to my class each day!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:15:32 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Good info Mark. I know 3-4 people interested in a class right now! Hmmmmm.....

C4

Add me to that list!
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 11:53:04 AM EDT
[#13]
Sounds like a plan. We just need to figure out what class and a date. I'll need to schedule the time off from work.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 2:33:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I just checked there schedule for next year and I didn't see a 3 day carbine class listed. They are offering a 5 day pistol/carbine class April 5-9. If we could get enough definite's for this class we could always try to arrange a carbine only class.

I will say that I don't want to do any classes scheduled for the summer down there.
Link Posted: 10/7/2003 4:52:02 PM EDT
[#15]
I agree, anything but summer. Other than that I really don't care. This sounds like a good time.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 8:10:16 PM EDT
[#16]
I emailed Danielle from Blackwater today and asked her about group rates for 6-10 people and possibility of a restructured coarse. Something like 3 day ( 1 day pistol/2 day carbine ) or 5 day ( 2 day pistol/3 day carbine). How does this sound to everybody interested? I'm certainly open to just a carbine class if that's all anybody is interested in. I just asked about the split coarse to contact them and get the ball rolling.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 5:59:26 AM EDT
[#17]
3 day class, either carbine, or pistol/carbine would be excellent
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:23:15 AM EDT
[#18]
interested .....3 day yup..

I am going down there Sat to set up a IPSIC match on sunday 10/11/03.

Eveyone is welcome.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:35:13 AM EDT
[#19]
I've asked mark5pt56 for a better contact email address for blackwater. Both of the original emails bounced back.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 6:41:49 AM EDT
[#20]
Something about Blackwater

The one thing that has kept me going to any of their classes is the "Character Statement" they required. Bassically it had to be from a "trusted" member of the community "banker, priest, something" I belive were the examples. Basically none of them fit anyone I know. I think one was like your company VP or something (and I surely don;t want to let them know I am a "gun person") Do you know if they still require this, or what would be a good solutions for it ?
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 8:17:48 AM EDT
[#21]
I believe that a ccw would be acceptable as proof that you are a decent person.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 5:32:39 AM EDT
[#22]
BTT ?

Get in touch with Blackwater yet ?
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 6:58:33 AM EDT
[#23]
I've contacted them, just waiting on a reply. The delay is not their fault. I have been having problems with my Cox.net Outlook Express email address. So, I don't really know if they received any of my other emails. The last time I emailed them with my Hotmail account. I know that works fine.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
I've contacted them, just waiting on a reply. The delay is not their fault. I have been having problems with my Cox.net Outlook Express email address. So, I don't really know if they received any of my other emails. The last time I emailed them with my Hotmail account. I know that works fine.

We'll get your machine straightened out tonight but it will cost you 100 rounds of that IMI 193 ammo you have sitting over there

OH...

and dinner!
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:20:19 AM EDT
[#25]
I know two of my friends and myself are looking to get scheduled.  We were actually looking at the 3 day shotgun/pistol class for our first outing.
Link Posted: 10/17/2003 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#26]
M4arc, my wife has a "pop tart" already in the oven. Nothing but the best for M4Arc!!!!
Link Posted: 10/25/2003 2:11:54 PM EDT
[#27]
I've emailed them twice with no reply. mark5pt56, has given me a phone number. I tried it, but Danielle is out of the office. I'll keep up with this and keep the guys interested informed
Link Posted: 10/30/2003 2:11:55 AM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
I have also been thinking about taking a 5 day class down there next year. I was looking at the 3 day pistol, 2 day rifle class. They should be offering one in the spring. Maybe we can line up a ARFCOM group going down to the same class.

Sounds like something I'd be interested in doing.Does anyone know of TACTICAL RESPONSE, inc. in TN.They offer the same training.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 8:30:30 AM EDT
[#29]
I spoke to Danielle at Blackwater today. She was very friendly and helpful. Minimum for a class is seven students. They are more than willing to run a special 3 day class just for us. I used the 1 day pistol/2 day carbine coarse we discussed when I was talking to her. Sorry, no group discounts. Cost is $675 per student for the class. This includes just the cost of the class and lunch each day. Logging+full meals are available for those that need it. I live close enough that I will probably just drive it everyday. We could also work a "car pool" plan to save us all driving. The only special requirements for civilians is that we provide either a copy of each students Concealed Weapons Permit or a Police background check. We will of coarse need to supply or own ammo/weapons/tac gear, but it can be bought or rented from them if you chose. So, I guess we need to see who is interested and agree on a date/coarse description. A $100 deposit per student will be needed eventually. We need to figure out a date that will work for everybody. We also need to agree on a coarse description. I would like to attend a one day pistol/ two day carbine, but I'm certainly willing to talk about other options.
Link Posted: 11/6/2003 4:20:50 PM EDT
[#30]
I am definitely interested in this. Sometime in the spring would be nice. I don't mind doing just a 3 day class as long as two of the days are carbine. I hope that we can put this together.
Link Posted: 11/7/2003 6:46:11 AM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
I am definitely interested in this. Sometime in the spring would be nice. I don't mind doing just a 3 day class as long as two of the days are carbine. I hope that we can put this together.

I'm 95% sure I am in. The 1day pistol/2 day carbine sounds perfect. I will be 100% sure in January. March/April timeframe would work well probably.
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 2:53:19 PM EDT
[#32]
Just got back from the NJ "Great Pumpkin" shoot. The ARFCOM Blackwater training was a hot topic of conversation. There are three of us that are interested Two definite and one maybe. I would prefer a five day class (2 pistol 3 carbine).

Please keep us updated. I would love to see an all ARFCOM class.

Thanks,

Mike
Link Posted: 11/8/2003 3:13:29 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
Just got back from the NJ "Great Pumpkin" shoot. The ARFCOM Blackwater training was a hot topic of conversation. There are three of us that are interested Two definite and one maybe. I would prefer a five day class (2 pistol 3 carbine).

Please keep us updated. I would love to see an all ARFCOM class.

Thanks,

Mike

Mike, I wish I could of made this latest NJ shoot but two trips to NJ in one month is more then I can take. I hope you guys had a good time.

Va_dinger has started a new topic for this class that is tacked on top of the VA Forum. You may want to post in that one so you can keep track of it. I know that Bobby was interested in going to a class like this, who was the other one, Rob?
Link Posted: 11/9/2003 4:49:55 AM EDT
[#34]
Rob and myself are the definites.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top