Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2003 6:03:13 AM EDT
There is a possibility that I will have an opening for one person on my hunting lease.  The property is a farm in Rappahannock County.  Its about 20 minutes West of Warrenton in Viewtown (next to Amissville on 211).  Its 750 acres of mostly pasture land with a number of hardwood stands.  In a normal year, we take 15 or so deer off it, although we have taken as many as 24.

I must be honest about a few things here.  I really don't want to do this.  A friend of mine had an unexpected problem that prevents him from joining this year.  In the past, we have been VERY picky about who goes on the lease.  This is a beautiful farm and we do not want to piss off the farmer.  We also don't want to shoot small bucks and we don't want to over hunt it.  If you are looking for a place to take a bunch of buddies every weekend, I'm not interested.  If you are a loner style hunter or are the type to bring one friend at a time, let's talk.

The cost is $750 and that gives you total and complete access to the property from now through the spring turkey season.  Yes, there are a ton of birds, although it hasn't been hunted in the spring in recent years.

I will be going out there this Thursday.  If one of you is interested, send me an e-mail and we can set up a time and place to meet.  I've just got to stress that I've got to be picky here.  There are three other guys on this lease and I owe it to them to make sure of the type of person being brought in.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:22:06 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, nobody?  We're talking about access to 750 acres without the need to ever call ahead or make a reservation.  Its yours to hunt.  

Maybe some of you don't have internet access yet after the storm.  I'll keep this open for a few more days.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:40:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Email sent......I think.

If you didn't get it let me know.

BTW, east of the Blue Ridge?
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Got your e-mail and am writing a response now.  Its East of the Blue ridge, in a rifle county with a bear season (have seen a couple of bears but not enough to call it a great bear hunting area).  There are about a dozen stands and there is plenty are room to stalk or sit.  Its only an hour from Centreville out past Warrenton on 211.
Link Posted: 9/22/2003 10:46:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Reply to e-mail sent.  I forgot to mention here the fishing pond with largemouth bass and the 3 miles of river (Thorton River) that is loaded with smallies.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top